Clear all

Aimee Mann - Lost inSpace...

16 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@geetar66)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have to recommend this Cd to anyone out there...love her acoustic work on it...nothing too flashy but solid rhythyms and great lyrics...any thoughts? I got some tab saved if anyone is looking...not too easy to find...

JJ

Meet me tonight in Atlantic City

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

One of my favorite albums, but one of my favorite lyricists.

Send me whatever tab you have....

"It's not" is one of my favorite tunes.

you can listen to the entire album for free at http://www.aimeemann.com

ReplyQuote
(@geetar66)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Nick, I hope I wasn't misleading you, but the lyrics and tab I have is from a tab site...not something that I have developed on my own...although I try to train myself to figure out the song myself before looking up tab usually...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/mann_aimee_tabs.htm

I love It's not and they have a tab for it right there...

yeah, she's just a terriffic songwriter...

JJ

Meet me tonight in Atlantic City

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Her stuff gets better and better, but it's always great. I saw her in '84. It was unforgetable. I highly recommend her albums "Whatever" and "Bachelor no. 2". There's also a great scene in the movie "Magnolia" completely built around one of her songs.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

And don't miss out on her early stuff, either! Til Tuesday's Everything's Different Now is still one of the best pop-rock albums ever done.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@shan65)
Eminent Member

I will have to say I never had listened to her until my guitar teacher gave me the song "Save Me'' to learn. I was like what a great tune gonna have to get some of her stuff. Definately not dissappointed with anything by her so far.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

She is a very great singer/songwriting, I was thinking about getting her dvd out of my christmas money.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Bonus points cause she's a looker, too. :D

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Bonus points cause she's a looker, too. :DARRRGH! I thought that picture of Bruce Springsteen was her! :shock:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Bonus points cause she's a looker, too. :DARRRGH! I thought that picture of Bruce Springsteen was her! :shock:

Haha. No, she's no butch.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, I just visited her website. She's a lot cuter than Bruce!
:lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

And don't miss out on her early stuff, either! Til Tuesday's Everything's Different Now is still one of the best pop-rock albums ever done.

I'd have to agree, and I saw her when she was still with 'Til Tuesday, but it's a sore spot for her, so I try not to bring it up. She's just started doing "Voices Carry" again at shows, after something like 15-20 years. I imagine she also makes a much better royalty from the post 'TT stuff.

Hey, David, I think we've had this discussion before... Oh well, she's a worthy topic.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

She certainly is.

Last time I saw her was in Chicago at least three years ago, in between Bachelor Number Two and Lost In Space. Perhaps the fall of 2002. I didn't think she'd do any of the 'Til Tuesday stuff but she surprised the crowd with a stunning rendition of The Other End of The Telescope. She's got so many great songs, new and old.

I know that as a songwriter, she's been a terrific inspiration for me and a certain other Forum administrator who won't go nameless for long! :wink:

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I'd have that woman's babies if I could....

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Back off Nick, I want her babies first. Yah I agree with who ever said that 'Til Tuesday is a bit of a sore spot for her, but thats kind of to be expected. But I mean voices carry even grew on me. I'd love to see her in concert.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2