Skip to content
Arg, they stole the...

Notifications
Clear all

Arg, they stole the ONE cd they shouldn't steal!

21 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Just venting. Came with the train from Apeldoorn, where my parents live, to Groningen, where my can find my crib. Apparantly some lamer opened a small part of my bag and ripped my Silvertide jewel-case. Now that wouldn't have been too bad since the Silvertide cd was in my discman at the time. However, when I left from my parents place I took my Total Guitar Blues Backing cd with me, and since I always lose my cases I put it in the Silvertide case

That cd contained a whole bunch of wicked blues backings in many different styles and keyes, and ofall my cds thats the only one I hadn't ripped to my harddrive yet. And ofcourse re-ordering a UK mag from Holland is a pain.

Major bummer. :evil:

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Which issue was it from?

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

November 2004, the one with the White Stripes on the cover, 'double cd blues special'.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I'll take a look this evening and see if I have it.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ultra cool, thanks a lot!

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

What kind of world is this, where people steal guitar backing tracks! Sick, sick twisted little bastards!

Good luck Arjen, hopefully Nick will have it in his archive of 4 billion cd's. What is it actually, 3,000+ ?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

What kind of world is this, where people steal guitar backing tracks!

Sad thing is that they probably wont even listen to it. Probably just stole it to steal it. Lovely little world we live it. Hope you find a copy Arjen.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

who steals cd's? What an odd thing to do.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I know, it's lame, many Dutch recordstores don't even have real jewel-cases on display. Even after they removed the actual cd from the case people still went on to steal empty jewel-cases. It's absurd.

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

The concept of stealing an actual CD nowadays completely boggles my mind. If you really don't want to pay for music, it's easy enough to get it for free downloading it and have very close to zero chance of ever getting caught. Not that I advocate doing that, of course, but the risk is tiny compared to actually stealing a CD.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

lol. Yeah, that's a good point.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Stormy: It is actually the chance of being caught that drives cleptomaniacs to their constant stealing. Sad but true.

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

That cd contained a whole bunch of wicked blues backings in many different styles and keyes, and ofall my cds thats the only one I hadn't ripped to my harddrive yet. And ofcourse re-ordering a UK mag from Holland is a pain.

Major bummer. :evil:

Sorry to hear that .. sounds like a real good CD. (Just hearing the description, makes me want to go searching for that mag too.)

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

What's the name of the magazine. Was it Total Guitar? I'll look also. If I don't have it I a know a couple guitarist that would.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, Total Guitar november 2004. Thanks a bunch!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2