Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Have a look at this one as well:

http://www.justinking.com/changeVideoBig.html

5 bucks to anyone who can play that solo

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Woah, that looks awesome. don't have sound here at school, can't wait till I get home.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@sagaciouskjb2)
Estimable Member

Yeah, I once saw a different video of him playing off eBaumsworld. I was pretty amazed with it, really. It's one unique style of playing. Let's hope it doesn't die away in just the hands of him.

ReplyQuote
(@alasken)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Actually, I think he's doing pretty well.....been touring with Diana Krall and other pretty renowned musicians......apparently the reason for him not being famous at all is that he releases his cds on his own record label....you can't even get his cds from amazon, you have to get them from his website.....I'm gonna get Le Bleu....

ReplyQuote
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

Both videos are pretty amazing, he really has his own style.

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote
(@marshallsw)
Estimable Member

The dude is awesome...wow..

You're a god among insects, never let anyone tell you different.

ReplyQuote
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

Im not understanding this. Those must be pretty sensitive mikes to pick up that sound from so far away. Im guessing he's playing pretty quiet, cause i can never tap that loud unless im on an electric.

:?:

The second looks and sounds heavily U2 influenced, to say the least. But enough unique things to make it appealing to a wide audience and also something new.

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Im not understanding this. Those must be pretty sensitive mikes to pick up that sound from so far away. Im guessing he's playing pretty quiet, cause i can never tap that loud unless im on an electric.

If you're talking about the first video, if you look closely you can see that his guitar is accoustic/electric, and it appears he has the front miked to pick up the sound of his fingers on the strings, and the percussive things he's doing with the body.

On the second one, it appears that's a music video and is probably dubbed to a studio cut track.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

Everytime I see something like this, I want to quit.... :D

Quite impressive.

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

I can't quite picture my (relatively) dismal tapping skills hitting that level. Truly impressive.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Yeah they are good, i find they get a little annoying at times but hey they are cool. I enjoy them.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Holy Pie!

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Oh, and I just remembered this one guy I was watching on a PBS show. He was this guy named Tommy Emanuel who did lots of percussive stuff on his guitar with effects and such. He didn't really do any tapping, but his playing was still pretty damn spectacular. Try googling him.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2