Clear all

Buying picks in bulk on the internet?

17 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Gah, I'm fed up with buying a dozen picks for 3 bucks, and then lose them within a month. Doesn't 3 bucks for 12 tiny pieces of plastic seem just a little overpriced? I was wondering if anyone knew of any sites where I could buy in bulk a bunch of Fender picks, cause that would be awesome. Thanks.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Try here. They have good prices on picks and strings

http://www.stringsandbeyond.com

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

I still have two of the three original picks I got with my starter pack last year. And I have about 20 out of 24 picks I've bought since then.

It always puzzles me how people loose them so easily. Maybe it's cause I have this cereal bowl I keep them all in...

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

hmmm, I keep mine in the dryer lint trap.,

Either that or if I really like them I store them in the cracks of the couch below the cushions.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I buy mine by the gross. The price of picks has gone up pretty fast over the years, compared to, say, guitars. I used to pay around $8 a gross, now it's around $40 or so.

I guess I also keep mine in the dryer trap, Nick - I had to replace the motor on my dryer this year, and when I took the front off the machine, I found a Fender tortoiseshell triangle pick that they stopped making some years back. It's still quite useable :)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

And I thought I was the only one that, that happened to.

Do you notice them just before the vacuum sucks them up? And you suddenly get the urge to swear really loud? Happens to me all the time. Come to think of it, I think my vacuum ate most of my pics.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

You've got to admit, though, they make a pretty cool beat going into the vaccuum cleaner. Almost as good as #6 wood screws.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@lederhoden)
Trusted Member

Oh, I'm the other way - I'm very careful what I do with my picks. I always store my picks in a very safe place. So safe, in fact, that even I don't know where they are!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Try ebay, there's always a variety of picks on there, in bulk and cheap.

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@progg)

Try here. They have good prices on picks and strings

http://www.stringsandbeyond.com

Funny thing about prices in different countries. It would be cheaper to buy a 3-pack of d'Addario strings with shipping (to Sweden) from that site than getting one single set of the same brand from my local guitarshop. Should bookmark this site =)

ReplyQuote
(@boudreau)
Eminent Member

With a toddler running around the house I am very careful about where I leave my picks laying around. So in two years of playing I haven't misplaced one yet but that will change soon I imagine. I have had my guitar cords relocated around the house thanks to the toddler though. I think he uses them as jump ropes when no one is looking.

Denis

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

They make neato little leather thingies that attach to your keychain that will hold 3-5 picks. That's the only way I can keep track of pick for more than a week.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I bought one pick when I first started playing 40 years ago and still have it.

I know I have it I just don't know where it is. I have since bought thousands hoping to make the first one jealous enough to return to me. :lol: I really liked that pick...

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@muddy)
Trusted Member

just buy a gross of em.. run around the house throwing em like a flower girl singing skip to my lou and .. when u ned a pick reach over and one will prob be there...

LIVELY UP YOURSELVES!!

ReplyQuote
(@fiskep)
Trusted Member

If anyone wants to borrow my six year old, he can always tell me where a pick can be found. Coincidently he typically has dozens of them that he is "storing" in various locations through out the house.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2