34 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Musica! :D

Very nice collection!

And a stupid off-topic question: Does the bookcase contain CDs or books? :shock:

Munch...

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Bish wrote:
Well if truth be told...I bought two more new sets after that last one. I didn't post any pics cuz I don't think too many here get much enjoyment out of looking at drumsets.

You've gotta be kidding! Do you live in a warehouse or what??? :lol:

I, for one, love pics of any and all instruments. Why else would I take over 700 shots of 28 guitars??? (I lost a guitar, btw...my hubby gave the Madeira acoustic to his cousin. But he's buying a new one to replace it. That's right...he's buying one. Why is that OK??????? It's certainly OK by me, but that's not the point. And never tell him I think it's fine, either. :twisted: )

Glad to hear I'm not really being burgled. It's a known fact that thieves are always clear about their intentions, so I feel quite safe now. :?: :?: :?:

Pictures!!!!!!!!! Please????? :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Nuno asked the not-stupid-at-all question:
Does the bookcase contain CDs or books? :shock:

Hi Nuno, and thanks!!!

The shelves are full of CDs and LPs, to answer your question. I started collecting CDs in 1984 and have been doing so ever since. I also still have my vinyl! It's my 3rd collection, though. I lost 2 vinyl collections. One after running away from my first husband in '76 and the other after actually leaving him in '79. I figured he deserved 'em. I hope he kept them in good shape!

They don't call me Musica for nothing. (They call me lotsa other stuff, too, but there are other forums for that... :wink: )

Nice to see you, Nuno! Take care!

:D :D :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

dogbite wrote:
you are remain good with us. only because we want our names on the inheritence paper.

Hmmm...well, my only children are dogs, so...I'll keep you all in mind. At least I know you guys would appreciate the products of my eccentricity. :?

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

don't worry, they can't burgle you. they'd need a scouser for that. :roll:

and you know which guitar I want dibs on in the inheritance. :wink:

seriously though, they are some pretty axes. I was on the phone the other night to the sister of a guy who my pops taught to play guitar way back. her son now plays, too. she's like "oh, I bet you have loads of guitars too, just like my son, don't you?" I'm like "uh, I have a moderately sized collection, yeah" then she says her son has five guitars. Five? Five! Five does not = loads!! Tsk, tsk. Naturally, I did a headstock count, informed her I have 8, with another 2-3 due in the next fortnight and plans for another 4 or so in the next 18 months(ish). I also gave her son the number for Childline. :lol:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Musica, I'm here to help. It looks like some of my fellow GN'ers wanna come play with your toys. I'm here to help. I offer a very low cost off-sight storage facility for guitars. All's you pay for is shipping and strings as I wear 'em out, er, I mean as they sit there and get old.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Bish wrote:
Well if truth be told...I bought two more new sets after that last one. I didn't post any pics cuz I don't think too many here get much enjoyment out of looking at drumsets.

You've gotta be kidding! Do you live in a warehouse or what??? :lol:

Pictures!!!!!!!!! Please????? :D

Well, no I don't live in a warehouse but sometimes it seems that way. Or a music supply shop. I have a number of guitars and have them intertwined between drumsets. I have one set that is in "packed up" condition at the moment that I use for gigging so it goes in the truck every weekend. The other two are setup in the basement for practicing. My other kit is at practice so it's not taking up any space here.

And my electrics are sitting on a shelf, shelved for the time being.

That picture request....was that for me? :oops:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I didn't see any hubcaps? :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member

my one fender looks lonley... :cry:

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I didn't see any hubcaps? :wink:

true, but the pickups are even shinier than those BMW/Mercedes car-badges, so.... :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Next you'll have to put your CD's on an ipod. That should be fun.
An iPod? At least a dozen of 160 Gb iPods! :shock:

They seemed CDs, mainly because I also saw the vinyl LPs, but I needed a confirmation. :shock:
Thanks.

Nice to see you Musica! :D
Great collections! :D

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

We can pick up Dan T. on the way. :twisted:
I wanna tag along to I got 3 box trucks we can use :twisted: :twisted:

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Whoa, that's what we call a 'Tele' collection.

Good one !

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I should, after browsing through all those pics, be:

1) Insanely jealous
2) GASsing like mad
3) Scheming like mad for more guitars.

I am actually:

1) None of the above.

I have my Tele and I don't need anything else! And yes, as you mentioned somewhere else, yours is the exact same model - so why d'you need all the others?

Just kidding! You don't buy cheap rubbish, do you! What's the story behind the Decca guitar? Interesting piece of gear.

Congrats on the collection - but to be honest, I'd probably rather get my hands on your music collection!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Trust me, Vic...I'm happy for you that you're "none of the above" because none of those guitars (or any other material stuff, for that matter) are worth the stress involved scheming to obtain them. It's truly a sickness in my case. That's not to say that I'd easily give 'em all back, but they don't make me happy when the important things in life are going wrong. Anyway... :roll: Good for you! You're a smart man, and I must admit that I envy you (and I'm happy for you, too!) for having things in perspective. :D
Vic asked:
What's the story behind the Decca guitar? Interesting piece of gear.

I found it on eBay just months ago. The story is that it's the exact same make and model as my very first "real" electric guitar! The good ol' Decca DMI-202. I believe it was made in 1966 or thereabouts. My dad got one for me at a discount department store when I was about 12, I'd guess, after my mom had passed away. I bought this one from a nice guy in Australia when I saw it listed on eBay (where I'd never done business before). The last time I saw my actual Decca was in 1976 in San Francisco. It's entirely possible (but improbable, I suppose) that this is my original guitar as the guy said it came from the States. Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing, but I'm sure glad to have this one in any case! The sentimental value is tremendous! :D

Thanks for your interest, Vic, and I hope you get a GREAT deal on something very soon! :wink: I've always had a difficult time "wheeling and dealing" but it sounds near impossible where you are. Good luck in the future and you're absolutely right that the standard (arctic white!) Tele is quite a guitar! I'm very pleased with mine! :!:

Take care,
Cindy

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3