Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

My Apologies...

27 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Before I say anything I would like the thank those that PM'd me with their support and asking me to keep posting here. You're what makes this forum a wonderful place!

I would like to apologize for causing so much trouble the other day. I probably made more out of it that what it really was. I haven't been doing too good lately and I guess it finally showed. I really don't have too much in my life right now and it's really getting to me. As pathetic as it is to say...all I really have (with the exception of work) is chatting on this forum. I tend to get a bit touchy because of this.

I probably won't post as much as I once did on this forum at least until things start to get better. I may post the occassional question or reply to someone else's question but I won't be posting any recordings for a LONG time. If I have a question about a recording I willp probably just PM someone with the recording. I understand if you are reluctant to reply to any of my questions or other posts.

dhodge PM'd me with words of encouragement and some advice. Control my personal opinion when replying to posts. Read AND RE-READ your post before hitting the submit button. That is very difficult for me to do. I am a very opinionated person (probably why I don't have anyone in my life) and I am not afraid to express it. Currently I only have 2 speeds...fast and stop. My emotions are all over right now and the only way for me to control them (here anyway) is to limit my posts to the topic at hand.

David went on to say "What I'd appreciate even more is you hanging around and participating. You've got a lot to offer. Many folks have been inspired by your experiences and I think many more will continue to be. "
Now I don't know about me "inspiring" others but what fuels my passion is my emotions. They are one in the same and I can't seperate them.

Someone else gave me some good advice as well. He said to spend less time posting on the forum and more time playing my guitar. For now, I think that is the best advice for me. I was getting too caught up in the chatting and it did become very distracting and personal.

Again, my sincere apologies to everyone here!

Mike

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Welcome back,
We had quite a discusion when you left and I think we all learned alot from it.
1. don't take things the wrong way.
2. be careful what you say as it may be missinterpreted (tough word to spell)
3. If in doubt it is better to err on the side of caution.
I am glad you are back and yes you have been an inspiration to alot of us.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Welcome back Mike

Stay cool 8) and enjoy the stay. Try to relieve your frustration here and not release them and all will be wonderful.

Nils

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Mike

I don't know anything about this post that caused trouble, but I would like to commend you for making this public apology. It takes a big man (or woman) with a lot of courage to do that.

Don't let that steer you away from posting. Like you, I don't have a lot going on either. It is so nice to have friends here. I feel like I know many of you personally. So keep posting Bro!

Being opinionated is tough. I am the same and have caused problems for myself many times. But I tell ya, I like people who make a stand for what they believe. I can't stand people who are afraid to say what is on their mind because they might offend someone.

That said, yeah we have to learn to be very kind to people, even when we disagree.

Do they have classes for this? I need to go to Tact101. :roll:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Mike, I am so thrilled that you are back.. :D You add something to this place whether you know it or not.

Thing is that I totally understand where you are coming from. Life hasnt been too well for me either, lets see the past 3 years, but you just gotta keep aiming for the future when things will be back on track. This is really bad coming from me because I am the WORST at doing it, but you gotta take more time to recognise the good things even though they are often hidden.

Anyways, I am rambing but I am excited that you are back. Sorry I didnt have any words of encouragement when you PMd but I was pretty much in shock. I'd be happy to be one of the ones you PM if you got something you want listened to or even just to chat.

Take care
Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Mike, I'm glad to see you post again as well.

Play more...Post less :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

MIKE!!

GLAD to see you back, and glad to see that you are, well what's the word, honorable enough to make a post like that. I was sad to see you go, no matter what the reason was.

You're a good guy, and a valued member of guitarnoise, keep posting.
I don't know anything about this post that caused trouble, but I would like to commend you for making this public apology. It takes a big man (or woman) with a lot of courage to do that.

Couldn't say it better.

Things will get better in your life, they are never as bad as you think, and they WILL get better.

WELCOME back.

Taso

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Mike,
You went somewhere? You mean you left? Huh?

No matter and No worries buddy. Keep coming back. Please.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hey, your back...

What did you do for two whole days? I couldn't get on GN for 2 hours yesterday (server was down) and I almost lost it.

As for being a "a bit touchy." I got a perfect thread for you...

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18632

:D :lol: :P :D :lol: :P

:idea: Hey, I'm now a FULL MEMBER!

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

I miss everything. I missed the whole debacle, and it's none of my business anyway. It was very big of you to have apologized, it demontrates character. I for one enjoy your posts, and you have inspired me to keep going on more than one occaision.

Don't worry about "not having anything going." Life has tides; they ebb and flow. Get into the rhythm, stay true to yourself, and everything will be A-OK. Sometimes I wish I had less going on, I'd have more time to practice! :D

Whenever you do decide to post, I'll be here ready to read it.

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@chamby_x)

What everyone else has said :) I've only posted a couple times and you've already helped me out, and it's much appreciated!

Hope to see (and learn) from you.

Willow- Don't you have any ambitions?
Oz- Sure. E-flat diminish 9th.
Willow- Huh?
Oz- The E-flat, it's doable, but that diminish 9th...it's a man's chord. You could lose a finger.
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

Hang in there Mike.

'Ebb and flow' mentioned above says it all.

It is good you are throwing yourself into something positive. Guitar and this board is definitely positive. 8)

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Hey Mike. I know that I may have stoked the fire a bit with you in the past. In that sense I should also apologize. Sometimes I may come off sounding crass but my intentions are always good. As things go, you are the first person I've ever seen step up to the plate to try to change the course of their reactions. That, I would say is the greatest display of maturity I have ever seen in an online community. You have my deep respect. Please continue to share what you can. We all have something to teach. If we can keep this in mind, our potential to grow will be limitless.

Peace,

hue

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

welcome back, sir, ive always enjoyed your posts and looking at that lovely gold guitar

Just remember, that although sometimes we can all be a little bit of a pain, in the end we're all here for the same thing, and that is music.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Wow, that sounded just like a post I made a while back, because I think I made an offensive post about something (Can't remember :oops: ) and got all riled up about it... Turns out, I realized this is just an internet forum, and it's all in good fun! 8) No worries, I bet most of the people here haven't even noticed (Including me!)... :lol: Keep postin and playin... :)

P.S.: Soon to be an offical addict I hope! Only a couple more hundred! :lol: :D :twisted:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2