Nooooo! It’s finally happened.

39 Posts
25 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-c)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hi,

There comes a point at which you have to admit that something that started out just as an interest has grown into a hobby. And sometimes the day comes when you realise that the hobby has now crossed the line and become an obsession. I think I may be sliding over that line...

Often I take a book or newspaper with me to the toilet for that quiet reflective morning sit down. But recently I've noticed that it always seems to be a guitar related song-book or tutorial instead.

Nothing much to worry about. But yesterday I realised that instead of reading I was actually sitting there playing the guitar.

When I started on this journey I imagined my playing being accompanied by a drum roll…. not a toilet roll…. :roll: :roll:

Oh dear….. :wink:

Anybody else played in unusual places, or at inappropriate times??

(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

:lol:

I haven't played while in the bathroom, but I do have a Musicians Friend catalog in there. It does nothing for my GAS. :lol:

I also have a book about writing music that I read in there. I just know that one of these days I'm going to walk out of there, two hours later with numb legs, and have a new song written on toilet paper! :)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Nothing much to worry about. But yesterday I realised that instead of reading I was actually sitting there playing the guitar.

You are not the only one! :oops:

My wife still laughs at me for doing it!

What can I say, I'm a junky and can't get enough of it!

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

lol haven't drug mine into the toilet yet. (Yet being the operative word there.) Although, I have fallen asleep numerous times with one in my hands, and there is never really more than a couple of steps to pick one up.

:shock: I'm obsessed as well and loving every second of it. Welcome to the club :P

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Well, it's obvious that guitar MOVES you.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I just know that one of these days I'm going to walk out of there, two hours later with numb legs, and have a new song written on toilet paper! :)

LOL :D

Flushed with success no doubt. :wink:

How dumb of me not to notice before that there's a lyric writing paper dispenser conveniently sited for the purpose. Must remember to leave a pen in there too. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, it's obvious that guitar MOVES you.

:D

Uh oh! I can feel a pun contest coming on.

Yes, music certainly moves me.... it reminds me of Shakespeare's famous "If music be the food of love, play on..." speech, when Orsino calls for an encore by saying "That strain again!"

Hmmm. Seems like my inner schoolboy has escaped again... :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

I don't think I can make enough rolling eyes to adequately respond to the silly puns in this topic, so I'll use some scientific shorthand:

:roll: x 10^23

I refuse to take my guitar to the bathroom, that's the only room left in my house. however, like others, I have replaced all my illicit bathroom reading with music-related catalogs.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Just as long as it's not a crappy song. :shock: :twisted: :P I know! I know! <slinks back to corner>

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Just as long as it's not a crappy song. :shock: :twisted: :P I know! I know! <slinks back to corner>

Okay okay!!! Enough! THe next bad pun and I start shooting!! :shock: :twisted: :P

You are one to talk!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For the record, the last quote was from a different thread.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

:lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Well, we have finally reached that point in time where we may need a new forum for "toilet bowl backing tracks". :oops:

Smokindog, where are you when we need a new track :?:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

:shock: too much information!

actually we may have another thing in common :oops:
i've done this while waiting for the tub to fill :roll:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Please do not post any pics :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

Yea I've done it...actually, I dragged my amp into the bathroom and took down the shower curtain yesterday, you get some pretty sweet accoustics when you do that (you also shake your kitchen light below according to my brother) :D

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3