Old man in Texas loves his new axe!

19 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@amistad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Howdy folks,

I don't know how I could be happier with my new guitar. I'm amazed that it stays in tune like it does, and I've played it a lot in the few days that I've had it. I think it's safe to say that I've found a new buddy that will provide pleasure for me the rest of the days that I'm abiding on the planet. :D

Here's a shot of me breaking it in:

Amistad
'pumped, stoked, and jacked up!' :)

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

That's a neat looking guitar. If it sounds anywhere near as good as it looks then you got a great guitar. Enjoy it!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on the new 12 string Amistad. :D

That is a very unique looking guitar.

Have lots of fun.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Congrats on the new guitar. Sure looks like a nice bit of kit.

Long may you enjoy it.

Great phot. Thanks for sharing it. 8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I personally like 12 strings. If my fingers were bigger I would have one too.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Beautiful guitar, Amistad! Hope you enjoy playing your 12 as much as I enjoy playing mine! Isn't the tone just great??!!

I have very small hands and fingers, duffmaster, but I still play a 12. The strings are like about .. that far away from each other. Give one a try and I'll bet you own one soon!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member

Awesome man. That looks pretty funky. Hope you have a great time playing it :D

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Tell me you got that from eBay!!?? If you did I know for sure I bid against you for it!! I wanted that guitat and now that I know that it plays nice I want it even more!

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I have very small hands and fingers, duffmaster, but I still play a 12. The strings are like about .. that far away from each other. Give one a try and I'll bet you own one soon!! :D

I'll try one out. I just found a spend $15 and get strings or a cable free postcard from guitarcenter. They send you those just so you spend 40 bucks. And it works every time...

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@amistad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Tell me you got that from eBay!!?? If you did I know for sure I bid against you for it!! I wanted that guitat and now that I know that it plays nice I want it even more

Hey there! Yessir, I did indeed buy this one on eBay. Actually, I learned an expensive lesson, as it was a "Dutch" auction and I didn't know that those type auctions do not have proxy bidding. I could have gotten it about $50 cheaper had I known that. But... that's water under the bridge now, and I am loving this thing!!

Amistad
'this axe rocks!'

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

It does look great. Enjoy! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Amistad
'this axe rocks!'

Sure go ahead and rub it in!!!!!! That WAS the auction I was bidding on! I never thought it would go as high as it did. My max bid was like $50.

Congrats on your new toy! But you won't be so lucky the NEXT time we meet on eBay!! :wink: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Very interesting guitar. I've never seen anything like it. What brand?

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@hawkfoggy)
Estimable Member

Amistad
'this axe rocks!'

Sure go ahead and rub it in!!!!!! That WAS the auction I was bidding on! I never thought it would go as high as it did. My max bid was like $50.

Congrats on your new toy! But you won't be so lucky the NEXT time we meet on eBay!! :wink: :lol:
tune in next week to catch the next part of EEEEEBAAAAYYY BAAATTLLLLLES. Return of the Texan

"I'm as free as a bird now. And this bird you can not change" Free Bird, By: Lynyrd Skynyrd
GIT SNAKE BIT!!!
stay safe

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2