Clear all

The Grown Up Table

24 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I finally replaced my old guitar!!!!! I tried a few in the store. I tried a V, it was hard to play sitting down but other than that...........I also tried an SG, I didn't like it. It was too muddy. Then I played this Jay Turser. It actually sold me clean. It was bright, brighter than what I'm used to anyways. But distorted it's nice a gritty, perfect for grunge. Only complaint is the bridge pickup is a little bit muddy, but other than that, I love it.

Side note: None of the gig bags in the store would fit, anyone know one that does?

(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

not quite my thing but congratulations. always good to get a new guitar.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Congrats OWA!! Enjoy it.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

YAY!!!!!! Girl got herself a new axe!!! I like the color, even if it's not pink!!!! LOL! Rather than a gig bag, though, have you considered spending a little more and getting a hard case? Got to protect that investment!!! Now all you need is your rectifier!!!! LOL! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Cool -- Explorers are neat stuff.

As for the bridge pup -- I'm surprised it is muddy. That's usually more a neck pup issue. Try lowering the bridge pup a bit, especially on the bass side.

Have fun -Greg

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

nice choice. The Edge played an explorer exclusively in the early 80s...it was the only guitar he had. still plays it too!

sweeeeeeeeeeet.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Nice guitar. Explorers are great. I have a Jay Turser Les Paul, and it's a decent guitar. The pickups are a bit dull, but I work around it with effects and eq. You certainly enjoy it!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Sweet Explorer OWA!!!! I really like the color.

I also haven't heard of Jay Turser until today.

:D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Nice OWA. Enjoy it...

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very nice guitar OWA. 8)

I would also suggest a hard case rather than a gig bag. I think Musician's Friend has cases starting at around $60 US.

Congrats & have many happy times with your new "friend"! :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Yes , explore. 8)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

As for the bridge pup -- I'm surprised it is muddy. That's usually more a neck pup issue. Try lowering the bridge pup a bit, especially on the bass side.

That gets my vote as well.

Congrats OWA! Nice axe!

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

nice choice, glad you finally got it.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Congrats Angel, nice looking box. If it is sounding a bit muddy on the bridge have them do a set up in the shop where you bought it should only take them a few minutes to adjust it.

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

Explorers rock. nice choice Onewing.

check the height of the pole pieces ont he pickup. there is an opitmum distance from the strings. if it's off get it readjusted. the sound quailty may improve.

the other route , after months of playing as is, change out th pickup to somethiong more powerful.

I love that color.

Musician Freind has cases for Explorers. a soft gig bag could be harder to find.

enjoy your new axe. :D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2