Clear all

Urgent ebay help needed!

31 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I hope someone answers this before an auction Im watching ends, about 2.5 hours left

Someone else has bid on the item, but the price of it hasn't changed. Is there any method that allows me to see what his bid was?

The item is currently $5.99 (thats the starting price) after 1 bid, if I bid, and it's not higher than the other person's bid, then the price stays the same?

If it's lower, should I bid a second, higher bid, to try to beat him?

Im constantly checking back here, ill be up for the next 3 hours. uggh, the auction ends at 3:15am eastern time

Sorry mods, you can delete my post on the ebay thread, page 4

(@shift)
Estimable Member

I'm sure there is some software out there to find his max bid, but I don't know what it is.

My only suggestion, is to bump up the bid to find out his max, in the last few mins. of the auction.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

It's 1:50 am.

If he has a max bid of say $ 15 dollars, and the item is at $6 now, if you bid $8, it will go up to 8 dollars, and he'll still be the winner at the end of the auction. If you bid $14, it'll go up to 14 dollars, and he'll still be the winner. If you bid $16, it'll go up to 16, and you'll be the winner (unless he bets again)

You can't find out his max bid ,as this would defeat the purpose of the whole max bid idea.

Suggestion: In the last 2 minuts of the auction, bid the MOST that you'd want to pay for this item. If it's more than what he has bid, you'll have the highest bid. If it's not more, than it doesn't matter, because you wouldn't want to pay more anyways. If it is more, than hopefully he won't have time to outbid you before the auction closes.

Hope that helped,
Taso

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

ahh, 2:16am now

I want to thank both of you guys, mostly taso though (only being fair shift)

I have a good understanding of the ebay bidding process now

If I win the item, ill post the link to it. I hope I do win though, because I really want it.

Once again, thank you taso,

It's 1:50 am.
Shouldn't you be asleep by now? :lol:

Just wondering but what part of long island do you live in? If you know the neighborhoods in Brooklyn, im in Bay Ridge

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

If he has a max bid of say $ 15 dollars, and the item is at $6 now, if you bid $8, it will go up to 8 dollars, and he'll still be the winner at the end of the auction. If you bid $14, it'll go up to 14 dollars, and he'll still be the winner. If you bid $16, it'll go up to 16, and you'll be the winner (unless he bets again)

If he has a max bid of $15 and the item is $6...if you bid $8 it will go up to not $8 but $9 (or whatever the bid increment is) and you will instantly get a message that you were outbid and you have the opportunity to bid again. His proxy bid will automatically take him one bid increment above you as long as his max bid allows it.

Resist the urge to 'outbid' someone because you really want something. I have seen people pay more for a used item than for a new one just to win the auction. Bid what it is worth and ALWAYS take into account insured shipping costs before bidding. Bid what it is worth once and walk away. If you do not win, you can be sure there will be another one up there for sale next week or the week after or the week after that.

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Now I have another little problem..

I won the bid, and I made sure in the information that the person is in the USA. It says he shipped the items from the USA so I assumed that the payment would be made to an American address.

i was wrong

The seller is located in canada, so I must send the money order over there, but the item is being shipped from america. Since Im in America, how would I get a letter to Canada? Will a standard $0.37 stamp do? Wouldn't I have to make an international money order, so he can cash it in? I already asked the seller this but Im waiting for a response, I figured I might try here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7539034728&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Fsojs%3D1%26from%3DR40%26satitle%3D7539034728%26fvi%3D1

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

Wait for the seller to respond and send you an invoice/e-mail with payment information.

Make a note to open a Paypal account. It will make paying for items and selling items so much easier. 8)

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I wish I could but my dad made me the account, and I can use it as long as I pay with money order, it's perfectly acceptable. I know how much easier paypal would be, but it's something I can't do. Im still 3 years away from owning a credit card, 15 now, and I dont want one so soon.

Thanks though, Ill see what the seller has to say

Anyone else with suggestions?

ReplyQuote
(@vegas_jay)
Trusted Member

Now I have another little problem..

The seller is located in canada, so I must send the money order over there, but the item is being shipped from america. Since Im in America, how would I get a letter to Canada? Will a standard $0.37 stamp do? Wouldn't I have to make an international money order, so he can cash it in? I already asked the seller this but Im waiting for a response, I figured I might try here.

No, you can't send it with a regular stamp. Your cheapest option is Global Airmal ($0.60 to Canada, 4-7 days delivery, return receipt available).

ReplyQuote
(@spacedog03)
Estimable Member

I just bought a CD from a guy in Canada on ebay and he said to be sure to send a "pink" money order not a "green" one. I guess that is one that is just converted to Canadian units. I don't think you need a "international Money order" to send to Canada, but I might be wrong. Just tell the Post Office clerk what you need and they will set you up. Don't get your money order at the corner store, they may steer you wrong. In any case it's should'nt pose a problem.

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Depending on the payment type he accepts, you could always western union it as well. I recieved money that way while I was in Canada.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice poster of Clapton. Boy, it'd be nice to look at that poster while listening to John Mayall's Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton! (Just sent it this morning, you should have it in a few) 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Going to the post office now, I hope it all works out

thanks alot, the second I saw it, I knew I must have it.

Thank you for the Cd, Im looking forward to getting it. Sorry again, for the long wait, I really didn't mean to. Im glad to see your enjoying it.

You can buy the poster if you want for about $12, I have the site saved if you want it, I just bought it off ebay to raise my positive feedback.

woop-de-doo 400 posts

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

i have the exact same poster sitting right beside me as i type right now...

as well as two hendrix's a chili peppers and a neil young

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

i have the exact same poster sitting right beside me as i type right now...

as well as two hendrix's a chili peppers and a neil young

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3