Clear all

Sticker removal

48 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
15.9 K Views
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

I think I have it now. To remove stickers from my guitar I must do the following:

Strip naked and tuck a hot soldering iron behind my ear. Scrub my body with 00000 steel wool, douse myself with lighter fluid and then light the BBQ while holding my guitar. The stickers should come off easily. Correct? ;D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

A much simpler solution is to just leave the stickers alone, for God's sake. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

TF, let us know if that works.

Please don't try this at home.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Sure thing Nick. I'll test it out this weekend. ;D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Oh Neat - Hey TF can i watch, maybe take pictures??

ReplyQuote
(@mcbobie)
Eminent Member

This is a sure nomination for the Darwin awards probably first place 8)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

famous last words....

hold my beer and watch this... :o ;D

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

I think I have it now. To remove stickers from my guitar I must do the following:

Strip naked and tuck a hot soldering iron behind my ear. Scrub my body with 00000 steel wool, douse myself with lighter fluid and then light the BBQ while holding my guitar. The stickers should come off easily. Correct? ;D

Woohoo! warmest I've been all week! Aside from the 3rd degree burns, no eyebrows and the fact that Sinead O'Connor has more hair than I do now. The stickers came off quite easily. Although the guitar is a bit charred now.  ;D I did make a really cool FWOOMP! sound when I tripped my lighter.  ;D

*Disclaimer*
No animals, actual humans, nor the environment was harmed during the above experiment. Please do not try this at home

ReplyQuote
(@preston)
Trusted Member

TF. It's not nice to tell lies. You're a Drummer, aren't you?

I knew it! I felt a great disturbance in the Force. 8)

A drummer. And there is another. Your emotions betray you, TF.

Sister !! You have a sister. She, too, shall be found out.
For your sake, I do hope that Emporer Nick does not discover your treason to GN. He is not so forgiving as I am. ;D

Everything I ever needed to know, I learned from STAR WARS.

"Don't try to describe a KISS concert if you've never seen it." Jimmy Buffett

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Preston gives this speech to everyone - he did it to me once, instead lambasting my leftiness. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Ummmm Char grilled Twisted Fingers.....

Do they sell them at McBobies?

Do they taste like Chicken?

Or Hawiians? *JoCaJam ;D*

Can I have fries with mine......

Pet   ;D ::) ;D  ;)

ReplyQuote
(@24frets)
Eminent Member

Okay, getting slightly back on topic......  Is there anyway to remove stickers w/out damaginf them?  Like if you got a nicer guitar and wanted to move your stickers from the old guitar to it?

Stupidity is wit for the simple-I think I made that up

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

not that I know of.  You could heat them, but you risk damaging the finish.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

How did this post escape me for so long?  Oh my, what a read!  I think we have a bunch a pyromaniacs out there.  Nick, could you send me some of that "non-flammable lighter fluid?"  I have to quit smoking while drinking.  And, seeing that I drink quite a bit while playing, that non-clammable lighter fluid may actually save me from scorching myself or cancer.  What a fine innovation.  Isn't that stuff sold by Torres, Inc. under the name NFLF?

Wish me luck tonight.  I'm getting Ronsonol lighter fluid to de-grime my SG.  I hope I don't make a mistake and burn my place down.  I've been known to make a wicked flame with my grill charcoal starters.  Public Service:  if you use those metal cylynder charcoal starters do not, under any circumstance, use all matchlight and lighter fluid.  I can attest to the "boom" and 8-foot flames that will burn your upstairs neighbor's patio.  Don't ask how this wisdom passed to me.

Nick, I did not realize kerosene was that much more explosive than regular lighter fluid.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Well i think the bonfire party should be at nicks house this year...

Nick can bring the kerosene
I can bring the gas cooker
Corbind and his charcoal starters
Izzabella can bring the soldering iron
And TwistedFingres can bring the McBobies to BBQ
Maybe we can thow our guitars on the bonfire started by non flamable lighter fluid and sing come by ah like the darkness or ging gang gooley in punk metal style.

Then back inside to listen to Nicks disco cd's - mmmmmm

Pet

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4