Clear all

A long sample from my new Eleven Rack

19 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Everything you here is my guitar run through the eleven Rack using the stock presets that it came with. There are several different sections to this adding up to almost 5 minutes. For that, I apoligize. to make it up, I refrained from singing. :D :D

without further adeau.... This isn't everyone's cup of tea. I would suggest that if you must fast forward, do so in about 30 second increments.
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11203594

boring notes section:
I tried to sneak in elements without muddying up the works. My first real effort at stereo track panning and mixing, and very formiddable task at that. Pro Tools really drove me in some regards.

There are 7 tracks in this and they range from a droning synth-like sound to a David Gilmour-like lead tone. The only editing I did was to boost each track's signal, some panning, some house keeping (an odd noise here or there...I probably still left some in there.) There is absolutely no post tracking effects done to any of the tracks or clips. Volume and panning was it. That's how I wanted to finish off this stage of the song.

Next version will see some percussive elements added as well as maybe selecting one clip or track to do some effects to. Maybe thin out the beats a bit.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 09/11/2011 6:52 pm
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Very nice... that thing does a lot!!

Music was very Floydish... I realy liked it!!

Paul B

Posted : 09/11/2011 7:32 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

That thing has good tone! Nice. 8) More please? How does the dirt sound?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 09/11/2011 9:41 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

thanks, guys.
More please? How does the dirt sound?
Good call. I'll do that. gimme a day or two. I've actually been trying to decide what to have a go at.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 09/11/2011 11:59 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

How about Black Sabbath "Black Sabbath"?
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-------------5---------------------------------------------5----------------------------|
|----5-------------4h5p4h5p4h5p4h5p4----------5--------------4tr-----------------|
|----3------------------------------------------------3----------------------------------|

Posted : 10/11/2011 1:43 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I'm not sure I know that one. You got a you tube link?

Roy

Posted : 10/11/2011 2:07 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I found it easy enough this morning. I like it. Reminds me a bit, too, about one I was going to do, albeit pretty awfully.

I'm putting together a bit of Metallica right now. I have not play this in some time, but it does give a good sample of a bit of dirt. maybe I'll hrow something else in from a different amp.

Roy

Posted : 10/11/2011 3:37 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akt3awj_Ah8

Posted : 10/11/2011 4:14 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

That's the one I found this morning.

I didn't do this one, but probably only because it got me in a bit of a mood for some Robin Trower stylings. A bit of which I played to the harder sampling coming this afternoon, along with some other harder selections.

Roy

Posted : 10/11/2011 4:36 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

or for some Metallica:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mdBw3SG5io

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 10/11/2011 5:06 pm
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

That's the one I found this morning.

I didn't do this one, but probably only because it got me in a bit of a mood for some Robin Trower stylings. A bit of which I played to the harder sampling coming this afternoon, along with some other harder selections.

Funny Im reading this and my Ipod is playing About to Begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul B

Posted : 10/11/2011 5:32 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, here's one you'll never want in there. :lol: :lol:

Alrighty, the 6 bits of guitar going on here are listed below. I've not played a ton of the harder stuff, but I am curious to know how these patches sound to you. I know the playing sucks. I like the music, but I just don't play enough of it to be good yet.
Here's the link:
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11206084

The first two are different rhythm patterns leading off "For Whom The Bell Tolls". It's using an Eleven Rack preset that models a Mesa-Boogie amp.

Next comes a bit of really poorly done 'Trower's "Bridge of Sighs". My apologies to him, his family and anyone with good taste in properly performed guitar music. The was an Eleven Rack Rig using a Marshall Plexi.

Next up is a bit of a trilogy. Some ZZ-Top doing up JJLC, "La Grange" and "Waiting on the Bus". My apoligies to the entire State of Texas and their favorite bearded & rockin' sons. An Eleven Rack rig showing off it's interpretation of a 1965 Fender Super reverb.

Roy

Posted : 10/11/2011 5:49 pm
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Hey... the playings better then mine. :D Realy though. SOund pretty good... I gotta say the....
The first two are different rhythm patterns leading off "For Whom The Bell Tolls". It's using an Eleven Rack preset that models a Mesa-Boogie amp.

Not a big fan of the distortion of that one... Granted... it could be my speakers... the reast, is great though...

Paul B

Posted : 10/11/2011 6:53 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks for listening and offering your thoughts.

I had a pm pretty much sharing your opinion on the first bit of distortion. I went back and took a quick look under the hood. Nothing other than some minor EQ adjustments and some Reverb. It's pretty much just a driven amp they're calling "M-2 Lead" , based on a "'85 mesa Boogie Mark II c+" on the website. The amp's three EQ settings would look "V"d if laid out like an EQ with sliders.

I should mention that the guitar used for this one is dropped 1/2 step all the way. It shouldn't matter for this sampling, though. After all, you rarely hear rock stars announce their tuning before each song. Everything else is my Squre Tele.

Roy

Posted : 10/11/2011 7:33 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I thought i was going to be the bad guy but I agree with s1120 didn't like the 1st distortion at all too over the top and not tight.

The ZZ distortion was better but not great either and none of this has anything to do with your playing.

But it might be me I don't like anything I have either. But what I was afraid of with a unit like this is what it would sound like in a live situation. Alot of times it comes out much better when recording then when pushed through an amp I'd be interested to hear it played through your amp and then recorded.

Roy you have alot of patience for knob fiddling that I don't so it may just be a matter of spending some time with the unit.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 10/11/2011 7:40 pm
Page 1 / 2