Beginner's videos

1,082 Posts
81 Users
0 Likes
271 K Views
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

It's amazing how the fingers go all noodley and disfunctional when the camera is on. LOL.
Good job M
You look very comfortable with that guitar.
Nice sounding guitar too.
"noodley" is a good way of putting it.
I get the same way (even when my wife let's me know she's listening.)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 19/12/2007 10:22 pm
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

MCH that was a great, happy little piece, you might think its simple but it looks tricky to me! :lol: Good stuff.

Dylan I thought your rendition was great, I had tried to play that song but gave up cos it was too hard, when i saw u do it tho I went back and tried a little harder.. still crap. I enjoyed yours tho! 8)

Isabelle - Fairytale of New York?!! NOOOOOO!!! :evil: you've no idea how sick of that tune its possible to get when it's played so repeatedly on the radio.. in ireland anyway. Altho I can't think of any other christmas song thats any better, now I come to think of it.. is there ANY good christmas songs? Stick to the hymms, I say.. (never thought I'd ever utter those words!) :shock:

Posted : 22/12/2007 12:36 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Isabelle - Fairytale of New York?!! NOOOOOO!!! :evil: you've no idea how sick of that tune its possible to get when it's played so repeatedly on the radio.. in ireland anyway.

Yep Jen, it's the same over here in England ;) Long time no see - any new vids on the way? :twisted:

(guitar still not repaired btw :S )

Posted : 22/12/2007 5:27 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Yes, Jen, it's been way too long since your last upload.
Get in front of the camera and make some guitar noise for us!
Please!?

Your fans await!

Izzy, what's the story on the guitar? What repair? (Did you smack your guitar?)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 22/12/2007 6:14 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Izzy, what's the story on the guitar? What repair? (Did you smack your guitar?)

You know that bit you plug the amp cable into on the guitar? The connectors have gone, so there's basically no sound coming to the amp now.

I don't know anyone who can help me with that, so I'm going to take the guitar to my local shop and see what they can do. It's just that the guy there at the shop... he's lovely but he scares me a bit :oops:

So that explains why I haven't posted any recent videos myself (I haven't touched my guitar for about 2/3 weeks now :shock: ).

Posted : 22/12/2007 6:39 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Hmmm...
When I got mine (we have similar guitars) I did have to fix mine at the same place.
The plug was loose (it wiggled).
So I unscrewed the chrome plate (2 screws that attached it) and tightened that nut.
I noticed two wires that were in there when I was doing that.

In your case one of the wires probably came loose in which case you probably need someone to solder it back.
Just guessing though.

Posted : 22/12/2007 6:49 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

NEW VIDEO:

Hi everybody!

It's been a long time since I post a video, but now, school's over for 3 weeks, so I had the time to record something... I'm not totally satisfied, but after trying 25 times to get it perfect, I decided I'll post the song like this, with some timing errors and other things...

I played Nothing Else Matters, the intro, the first 3 verse and the first chorus (sorry for the chorus, the sound is not very good on my cam when I play chords)

So that's how it goes:

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

Posted : 22/12/2007 10:44 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hmmm...
When I got mine (we have similar guitars) I did have to fix mine at the same place.
The plug was loose (it wiggled).
So I unscrewed the chrome plate (2 screws that attached it) and tightened that nut.
I noticed two wires that were in there when I was doing that.

In your case one of the wires probably came loose in which case you probably need someone to solder it back.
Just guessing though.

That's exactly what happened. Except - can you see me with a soldering gun? I haven't touched one since 'technology' class when I was about 12 :lol: And I don't know anybody who has one. Hence... guitar shop guy.

Clau - when I grow up, I wanna play like YOU (I don't think I'll ever grow up though) <3

Posted : 23/12/2007 8:32 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Very good, Clau, very good!

Congrats! :D

Posted : 23/12/2007 9:33 am
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

Oh dear, well you asked for it.(blame Kenrogers :wink: )

I'm so reluctant to post cos I seem to be the only one on here thats really not making any progress! :oops:
I deliberately haven't watched Clau's post before I put this up cos I know that once I see hers, I will throw my guitar down the stairs..! (I will watch it afterward Clau! I will watch it and possibly shed a few tears..)
Hope u get your guitar fixed soon Isabelle :(

Well anyway, here's a song that I really DON'T know how to play, its just that its been going around my head for the last few days so I have to get it out (I think the germans have a word for this - is it earworm?)

Anyway, done in festive style, here's my rendition of Nickelbacks 'Rockstar'!
Merry Christmas everybody!

(Watch out for my manful attempt at a barre chord.. you can't miss it, it takes me about 2 calendar months to get to it!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpqr311kBy4

Posted : 23/12/2007 2:21 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Very good Jenny!

You got the first part. Keep practicing the second one and also trickiest. There is a lot of difficult chords there, so try to practice them slowly. To me, the more difficult chords are when you need all the four fingers. I also try to play as slow as possible to get used to the new positions.

And Merry Christmas! :D

Posted : 23/12/2007 2:46 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Awe Isabelle - I wish I lived closer and I'd brush the dust off my soldering iron and get you back in the world of sound - I can't think what it can be like not being able to play for that length of time now...There's a lot to be said for owning an acoustic as well...Big Christmas hugs.... 8)

Now listen Jenny, there's definitely improvements going on...the beard is fantastic!!! :lol:

Oh yes, I remove my shades in respect - that song looks a bit tricky to me. I'm desperately trying to learn easy songs with the F barre to get that monkey off my back, but I think my transitions are probably a little slower than yours. I'm also singing along to a few of them, but you seem to have got the singing and playing bit worked out - I find myself strumming to the pattern of the singing rather than singing to the strumming pattern... :cry:

Claudine - I'm sure you just post your vids to upset us... :wink: But I love watching you play..you make it look so...well,...dare I say...easy... :roll: Your latest finished a bit too quick tho..I was losing myself when it stopped....

Rock on around the christmas tree!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 23/12/2007 3:12 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpqr311kBy4

Dear Santa

Please bring me a beard like yours for Christmas. And the ability to play barre chords, even if my transitions take a million years.

Oh, and a guitar that works of course :mrgreen:

Posted : 23/12/2007 3:54 pm
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

Feliz Navidad, Nuno!
Many thanks as always for your patient encouragement! :D Yes I really need to practise it more, I've not got the hang of it yet but I have to play it as its stuck in my head! My main problem with this song is that every time it comes on I manage to strum along for about 2 verses before I have to jump around the room to it - its just one of those songs that needs to be danced and yelled along to at the top of your voice.. I think so anyway! I love the video for it, too :lol:
Now listen Jenny, there's definitely improvements going on...the beard is fantastic!!! :lol:

Yes, I've not been idle, you know!
As for the strumming.. well you're being generous, I don't have a pattern as such, more a (very)vague notion of the general rhythm, which I soon forget about anyway.. :oops:

Isabelle, you should definitely ask Santa very very nicely for an acoustic (if only for emergencies!)

Clau that was amazing (as always!), you really do make it look so simple, its a pity you won't get to play it in front of your schoolmates, you would blow them away.. thanks for posting it here though, I enjoyed it.

I wonder if any of my fellow beginners(and improvers) are going to post for christmas? I'm looking at you, Simon, Stellabloo, yashi,peejay..!and Ken, don't think we've heard from you in a while..?)

Posted : 23/12/2007 3:56 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Feliz Navidad, Nuno!
:D

Posted : 23/12/2007 7:47 pm
Page 17 / 73