Notifications
Clear all

Guitar Noise Lover New to Forums

20 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@bluemidnightthunder)
Topic starter

Hello, I'm Shanna, 28 y/o fe from Mich. I am an advanced guitarist with so much more to learn. Although, I am just now signing up with the forums on Guitar Noise, I am by far not a stranger to this place. I have spent countless hours here over the last 2 years and have been getting the newsletters for almost that long. David Hodge, Paul Hackett, Dan Denly and others are household names in my home, as both my daughter and I play guitar daily. I have learned so much from all of you, I will forever be thankful for you and this site.

I study music theory VERY VERY DEEPLY, and am working on some difficult music pieces that I may have to ask for help with here. I am excited to be here, and hope that I can possibly give back a little of what I've already gotten here. My current goal is to master Metallica's "ONE" (lead) which I'm sure some of you already have, so any advice on this would be appreciated. I'm doing ok but have a long way to go.

My daughter will be introducing herself on here (probably today). She is very young, but extremely smart and talented. (She took 2nd in the U.S. for the IOWA test for her grade). She is a beginner guitarist but I've put down a good foundation with her so she is able to understand a large part of the "musical language". She knew who David Hodge was before she ever got her Fender! LOL I have helped her alot but now it is time to let her learn from the legends and the rest of the Guitar Noise family, as well as myself. This is the ONLY site I will allow her to be a part of because I know she is in the best of hands. She has a great respect for other guitarists and this is the best resource she could have!

I own 9 guitars, mostly Fenders with the exception of an Ibanez PF 15 Blueburst and a Yamaha 12 string acoustic. However, I recently accquired the largest love of my life, my brand new Fender Chrome Blue Stratocastor American Series. This thing plays like a dream!

I wanted to also mention that I have the course that Dan Denly had available, and it truly is everything he says it is and then some. It is helpful to both me and my daughter despite the fact we are many skill levels apart.

Well, I think that was the most informing introduction I could give LOL, so I look forward to getting to know all of you and if I can ever do anything at all to help this site, please DO NOT HESITATE to ask!

BlueMidnightThunder
AKA: "Shanna"

Posted : 14/02/2006 9:11 am
(@bluemidnightthunder)
Topic starter

Your right about the font, didn't realize it would be that annoying until after I posted, thanks for the suggestion, wouldn't want to offend people with font color with my first day on the boards.

BlueMidnightThunder

Posted : 14/02/2006 10:02 am
(@bluemidnightthunder)
Topic starter

Hello Peter,
Nice to meet you as well. It is really neat to see there are people here from all over the world. I love this site! :)

BlueMidnightThunder

Posted : 14/02/2006 10:14 am
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN. Don't feel blue just enjoy your stay :lol: :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 14/02/2006 10:35 am
(@bluemidnightthunder)
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome! Nice to meet you. I'm just a "blue" kinda woman. Rest assure tho, I don't feel blue. LOL

BlueMidnightThunder

Posted : 14/02/2006 10:40 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN.

Don't listen to Rahul. He's about 93 years old and anything that is different drives him up the wall.You pick any color you want. 8)

Posted : 14/02/2006 11:32 am
(@rocker)
Noble Member

welcome to gn thunder, glad your hear, looking forward to seeing more posts from you, and looking forward to posts from your little girl also, have fun and welcome aboard :D

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 14/02/2006 11:56 am
(@bluemidnightthunder)
Topic starter

LOL well thank you for the encouragement. I honestly wasn't going to stop posting in blue LOL. Being a female musician you learn to stick up for yourself. It is ALWAYS nice to see someone else stick up for you too! Thanks! :)

BlueMidnightThunder

Posted : 14/02/2006 12:14 pm
(@bluemidnightthunder)
Topic starter

hello rocker..... thanks for the welcome, I can tell already it is going to be interesting around here. This is addicting, and right now I'm down with my back so I have nothing better to do than soak up guitar and music info. bummer eh? hehehehehhe Thank you and look forward to talking with you.

BlueMidnightThunder

Posted : 14/02/2006 12:19 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

sorry to hear about your back, hope its not to serius, getwell soon :)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 14/02/2006 12:24 pm
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Welcome to GN, BMT!

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

Posted : 14/02/2006 2:05 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!!

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 14/02/2006 2:21 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome BMT!!

It sounds like some of us beginners maybe calling on YOU to help us some. Funny thing about the font color. I was thinking how nice and different it is. I vote you keep it. :wink:

Now Nick and Rahul....ya know kinda the father-son struggle relationship. :D

BMT quote: "Fender Chrome Blue Stratocastor American Series" - oooh-lalah!!...aren't they nice? I just picked up a Chrome Silver Deluxe Strat with maple fingerboard and it has become glued to my fingers. It plays so well. A couple other members just got them, also. Very popular series of Fender and by good reputation as well.

Glad to have you, BMT. Enjoy your stay!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 14/02/2006 2:47 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I vote you keep it. :wink:

I second THAT

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 14/02/2006 2:49 pm
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

Awesome!! Welcome to GN!

Posted : 14/02/2006 11:05 pm
Page 1 / 2