Clear all

Hello - newcomer warning!

16 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@maplebaby)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hello, I just found this great forum and wanted to be a part. Great looking forum with lots of great topics and inspiration! I live in central KY, and I've played guitar for a bit over 30 years now. I enjoy music more now maybe than ever! I play in a few different settings. I play in an acoustic duo which I really enjoy, a country/light rock band, and best of all just recently with my son who plays drums! That is the biggest thrill ever. I have three kids, thinning hair, thickening mid-stomach, and a great wife who let's me own some guitars that I really enjoy.

I enjoy both acoustic and electric and most all styles of music - my favorite musical genre is good. Hope I don't annoy you too bad, it's good to be here with folks of like passions! dale.

Here is a clip of acoustic stuff I enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VCPhvd8u34

here is a clip of me and my son Tyler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rwJ0va0fzw

Posted : 12/03/2008 10:21 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Hi again, and Welcome to GN once again.
i just checked out your Mombasa cover, i'm also a big fan of TE. Great playing!
how old is your son?

#4491....

Posted : 12/03/2008 10:38 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN. Nice clips. I spent 4 years right above Cooperstown. Hope the weather changes for you quick. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 13/03/2008 12:48 am
(@maplebaby)
Noble Member
Topic starter

thanks guys for the welcome! My son is 14, been playing for about two years. Talk soon, dale.

Posted : 13/03/2008 12:53 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Maplebaby! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 13/03/2008 1:09 am
(@joefish)
Trusted Member

Love your stuff. Then I saw you cover of Lady Madonna and that's when I threw my guitar out the window after relaizing I cann't play guitar like that. :mrgreen:

Then I found your other covers on YouTube and realized your the dude with the 14 year old drummer. That's when I tossed my own kit out after my guitar.

Just kidding. Welcome. Teaching you kid the classics, love to see that.

Pat.

==================
Pat
joefish
SilverBox

"Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice".
Robert Fripp

Posted : 13/03/2008 4:56 am
(@maplebaby)
Noble Member
Topic starter

hello Pat, thanks for the kind words and the welcome! Hope all is well with you these days, your friend, dale.

Posted : 13/03/2008 8:33 am
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Welcome! Great version of 'All of me' on allofyoutube !!

lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 13/03/2008 9:38 am
(@maplebaby)
Noble Member
Topic starter

thanks for watching 'all of' the video! I sure appreciate the welcome, hope all is well, dale.

Posted : 13/03/2008 5:01 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN!
Cheers, katmetal :)

Posted : 13/03/2008 7:08 pm
(@maplebaby)
Noble Member
Topic starter

thanks for the welcome, great to be here!

Posted : 15/03/2008 10:32 am
(@stringhawk)

I've been watching your stuff on UT for a while - Glad to see ya here!

Posted : 16/03/2008 11:22 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I'm a geezer thats been playing for over 30 years as well and it keeps getting more fun all the time. This forum is a cool place to hang out. Lots of great people here. 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 17/03/2008 4:49 am
(@maplebaby)
Noble Member
Topic starter

thanks for the welcome guys, and stringhawk I appreciate you taking time to watch some of the videos. Great to be here!

Posted : 17/03/2008 9:35 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

You are very good at playing.

I just checked some of your videos on youtube and am I not amazed !

So well you and your son have played some songs that I guess they can be used as backing tracks...

Keep on the good work and you are really one lucky man to have a great family above all. I think that counts the most amongst other things in life. :D

Posted : 25/08/2008 10:02 am
Page 1 / 2