Clear all

I'm new, say HI to me! LOL

16 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@bourgeoisbabe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi! I am new to this site. I took piano lessons in grade school....my sister rebelled and quit and I followed because I hated the dicipline of practice(never torture a child with the sounds of summer fun while they are hard at work at the piano.) Well, I regreted it and started again. Now I choose guitar and I have bought a beautiful Bourgeous guitar. It is an acoustic slope-D with a cherry sunburst front.....sweet. The top is Sitka spruce and the sides and back are curly maple (cherry colored)......full, rich yet uncomplicated tone! Love it! This is my second round at starting since I gave away my Gibson J-45 (DUH!) This guitar is even better...God is Good! I have purchased Jaime Andreas's material's as I didn't have a clue how to experience learning difficult chords wothout turning into a tensed-up human pretzel. This site is great as is Jamie's site (guitarprinciples.com). I have everything I need for a great start!
I took lessons the first time at trying to learn guitar a couple of years ago and will probablly do that again but right now I am finding my way and getting into music theory and such....just because I like it. :) I aspire tp play both rythym and finger pickin style. I like to write......can't help myself....and wrote a song when I first started.
Well, just thought I would introduce myself ....hope to hear from you.

Life pushes hard. Push back.

Posted : 17/06/2006 4:27 pm
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Welcome to the forums...

...wait a minute...

you...gave...away...a...gibson...?

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

Posted : 17/06/2006 4:30 pm
(@bourgeoisbabe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Yes Duff. It was a my second guitar.....I traded my first guitar (which I bought new....it was a feww hundred dollars) for a beautiful used Gibson...it was hardly played or should I say played hard once....LOL...... A guy in my old town played eletric and thought he wanted to play acoustic also...turns out his drunk buddy played it and put some minor strumming scratches on the pick guard and a little below it....other than that it was a beaut! I will soon try to put a pic of my Dana Bourgeois guitar if you would all enjoy sharing in my joy! :)

Posted : 17/06/2006 4:43 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

This is my second round at starting since I gave away my Gibson J-45 (DUH!)

I think I'm going to cry.

Welcome to the bored, but lets not ever tell that story okay? :?

Pau

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 17/06/2006 4:44 pm
(@bourgeoisbabe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

OK, Off He Goes, I won't tell anyone the story about that temporary loss of sanity.

Posted : 17/06/2006 4:50 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, bourgeoisbabe! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 17/06/2006 4:59 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

OK, Off He Goes, I won't tell anyone the story about that temporary loss of sanity.

Thanks!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 17/06/2006 10:46 pm
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Hi 8)

Posted : 18/06/2006 1:16 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi! Welcome to GN!

8) Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 18/06/2006 12:43 pm
(@bourgeoisbabe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thank you! I am enjoying the posts and sharing you all are great.

Posted : 18/06/2006 11:37 pm
(@bourgeoisbabe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thank you bushpig......Sunday Songwriters Group...hmmmm...interesting. Is that here?

Posted : 19/06/2006 1:05 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hiyas bourgeoisbabe!! Welcome to GN.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 19/06/2006 9:40 am
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Welcome. Enjoy your stay!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

Posted : 20/06/2006 3:51 pm
(@bourgeoisbabe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thank you all.....great welcome....hope I can do the same for someone too!

Posted : 20/06/2006 10:34 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Strange things can happen with those Gibson Jumbos. Gibson gave me a Pete Townshend SJ-200 not quite 2 years ago, just for signing up on their E-mail list. It disappeared into my boy's bedroom, though, and I haven't seen it in a long while.
:lol:

Know what was strangest about that? I E-mailed Gibson to thank them. The customer service guy who answered me said "It's really great to hear from a happy contest winner! Usually we get stuff like 'It's about TIME I won something from you!'"
:shock:

Anyway, welcome to Guitar Noise! :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 01/07/2006 11:31 pm
Page 1 / 2