Clear all

Zöe and her amazing pink electric guitar

17 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@hemsbacher)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi guys! I'm Zöe from the south coast of the UK and have just joined here today. Years and years ago, I used to play accoustic but I just wasn't all that into it and ended up giving up. I happened to mention it to my partner (who has recently taken up drumming) that I would like to play again one day. Next thing I know on our anniversary, there's a pink electric guitar and amp on the bed! I was so pleased! I'm getting lessons from a good friend of ours who has been playing for 15 years and I had my first one on Saturday, and it went great!

Anyway, that's me!

PS. Forgot to mention...I'm a lefty! :wink:

Yum yum yummy, I got metal in my tummy!

Posted : 18/09/2006 1:24 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Welcome Zöe! Cool lookin' axe.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 18/09/2006 3:00 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi and welcome to GN! 8) Very cool getting an amp & guitar for a present! :D Stick with the lessons, and take advantage of all the great stuff GN has to offer and you'll be jamming in no time. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 18/09/2006 3:01 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

A warm welcome from just down the road... :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 18/09/2006 3:10 pm
(@hemsbacher)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

A warm welcome from just down the road... :)

Ah, thank you very much! Southampton? That's where I go shopping! Not far away at all!

And thanks guys for the welcomes! I'll be needing you lot at some point :wink:

Posted : 18/09/2006 3:15 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN from another South Coast resident. Just outside Southampton.

Look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Your guitar gets the seal of approval from my daughter. She doesn't play - just likes the colour. :lol:

Enjoy.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 18/09/2006 4:19 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Shopping? What a senseless waste of guitar-time! :shock:

Posted : 18/09/2006 4:26 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN Zoe (sorry.. dont know how to make the dotty dots above the O) Thats a very pretty guitar. Have fun and lots of luck playin her.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 18/09/2006 4:47 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN
Are you German? Zöe Hemsbacher sounds very Germanic, especially with the Umlaut.

ö = Alt + 148

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 18/09/2006 5:09 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hi Zoe, welcome to GN - getting a bit crowded down there on the south coast! Maybe you should all get together and jam....

As well as taking lessons from a friend, there are plenty of good lessons and songs on this site as well, so stick around and have fun!

:D :D :D

Vic (from the darkest depths of Lancashire!)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 18/09/2006 6:49 pm
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Zoe:

Greetings from across the pond! I live in Colorado, USA! There is a lot of great information for a new guitarist on this site - just surf around for a few months and you will be amazed at how much you have learned!

I love the pink guitar - was it stolen from CC Deville of Poison?!? :lol:

Posted : 18/09/2006 7:05 pm
 Glee
(@glee)
Estimable Member

hi zoe good luck with the lessons hope you do well

Tim

Posted : 18/09/2006 9:35 pm
(@hemsbacher)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Wow! What an excellent welcome. Thanks everyone.

chuckster, I'm so glad that my guitar gets the seal of approval! I think a lot of people like the colour but most of all, I do :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk, I meant shoppnig for guitar type stuff! :twisted:

geoo, thanks! She's certainly a beaut! But I ended up calling her a him and his name is Sebastian. No idea why, my guitar teacher came up with the name!

greybeard, I'm actually Dutch. I was born in the UK but my family come from the north border of Belgium, right next to Holland. The name "Zöe" is Greek and it's meaning is "Life". My surname is Van de Zande, which is very Dutch! The name "Hemsbacher" has a story behind it. Every summer, I visit my friends in the town of Hemsbach in Germany. I always go to the festival there in the first week of August. Because I'm a regular in the town, I ended up getting the nickname of "The English Hemsbacher". A Hemsbacher is someone who is native to the town of Hemsbach. I guess the name just stuck!

Vic Lewis, maybe when I can play well enough :D

ColoradoFenderBender...not to my knowledge :wink:

Glee, thanks very much :P

Posted : 19/09/2006 8:32 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

In that case I'll let you off :)

Next time you're around, check out these guys http://SouthamptonMusicShop.co.uk - you'll never go anywhere else again :mrgreen:

Posted : 19/09/2006 8:53 am
(@hemsbacher)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

In that case I'll let you off :)

Next time you're around, check out these guys http://SouthamptonMusicShop.co.uk - you'll never go anywhere else again :mrgreen:

Thanks! I'll make sure I check that place out. Next thing I'm on the hunt for is a really nice strap.

Posted : 19/09/2006 8:59 am
Page 1 / 2