48 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hey jim,

I had the same experience as John. BTW which one are you in the photos.

cheers

Paul

I would be the bald one.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 30/11/2006 11:30 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

8)

You guys sounded good.

Was that the Bose PA system you were runnin' through? If so, that bookstore must pull in some good money!

Posted : 30/11/2006 11:30 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

8)

You guys sounded good.

Was that the Bose PA system you were runnin' through? If so, that bookstore must pull in some good money!

Thanks.. No. the PA was another guy that was playing that night named Wendell Peeks. He was really good. Fingerstyle mostly. That PA was cool but whatever we were playing through sounded better.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 30/11/2006 11:38 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Jim

I went to Putfile, worked fine.

Your band has something very few bands has:

A GOOD SINGER

Really. Jim, you are a very good singer with a very enjoyable voice. That is very rare with local gigging bands.

I thought I liked Better Days the most until I listened to Another Day. That was very good.

Your band did really well for your first gig. Learn some more songs, you are on your way.

Great job.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 01/12/2006 12:07 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks so much Wes, and everyone else too. We've got a wedding gig possibly coming out of this and at the end of Jan, the guy that put together this gig wants us to play again but this time it would be for a club or restraunt... Its a pretty cool deal cause it is near the university and there should be quite a few people the the ability to crank it up some. You can imagine how quiet you are expected to be at a bookstore. Got a solo thing coming up too.

We have started six more songs. Dont know if you would have heard of any of these... Dont you throw that mojo on me (Mark Selby), still wonder (Johnny Lang), smoked (Johnny Lang), Dead Man (Carry Me) (Jars of Clay), Give Me One Reason (Tracy Chapman and others), and an original.

Thanks for all the support.

Jim

Posted : 01/12/2006 12:34 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Jim,

Everything Wes said times 10 that was awesome, for that to be your first gig and playing your own songs it was absolutely amazing.

Another Day should get air play, you have a really good voice.

Sorry I can't think any other adjectives to use other than freakin great.

I'd say your well on your way to quitting that day job..Ha.

Good luck and keep the video's coming I really enjoyed that.

Chris

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 01/12/2006 12:54 am
(@guitbusy)
Trusted Member

Awesome. I loved the song Better Days. I googled it to see who covered it, then I re-read your initial post. You wrote it (you knew that, I didn't)! Great song, I really liked it.

Older Newbie

Posted : 01/12/2006 3:24 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Jim... man... I'm very impressed! 8)

I really like your songs, and you do have a great voice! 8) 8) 8)

Good luck on your upcoming gigs. :D

Dan

P.S. You & I have the same barber! :wink:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 01/12/2006 4:06 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

You guys have made my week. I can tell you, it is really a thrill to have your own songs out there and being recieved so well.

Not to drag this thread on forever. My guitarist complained that I left two songs off our page.. There are two new videos. One an original and one a cover.

I will get them up on putfile soon

Jim

Posted : 01/12/2006 8:04 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Jim, WOW! If I didn't know better, there's no way I'd think that was your first gig! Seriously, that was awesome. If you guys did that well for a first time out, I can only imagine how great the show will be when you get more comfortable!

Loved the songs too. Good lyrics, well played and well sung!

Good luck with the future gigs.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 01/12/2006 11:53 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I checked out the 2 new vids you uploaded Jim. Good stuff bud! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 02/12/2006 1:08 am
(@guitbusy)
Trusted Member

You guys have made my week. I can tell you, it is really a thrill to have your own songs out there and being recieved so well.

Not to drag this thread on forever. My guitarist complained that I left two songs off our page.. There are two new videos. One an original and one a cover.

I will get them up on putfile soon

Jim

Hey, drag the thread on. You get some musical miles under your belt, you'll make it big and we'll never hear from you again. We can at least (sniff, sniff) have this thread to remind us of "remember when he was one of us back on guitarnoise..." :lol:

Older Newbie

Posted : 02/12/2006 3:43 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hey, drag the thread on. You get some musical miles under your belt, you'll make it big and we'll never hear from you again. We can at least (sniff, sniff) have this thread to remind us of "remember when he was one of us back on guitarnoise..." :lol:

LOL .. Ya know I dont think I remember a time that I blushed this much while keeping my clothes on. ROFL..

Jim

Posted : 02/12/2006 6:00 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Jim , I just caught this thread :D You guys are awesome for your first gig. You have some sweet songs and a good voice ( I knew that already :lol: ) Someday I hope to get out your way and jam with you :D --ken

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 02/12/2006 6:52 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Jim, I just got done listening to your vids. Good job, bro! You guys are very good!

Nice guitar you have there, too. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 02/12/2006 2:41 pm
Page 3 / 4