Buy A Volkswagen &a...

Notifications
Clear all

Buy A Volkswagen & Get a FREE Guitar!

17 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I'll tell you Volkswagen is really splurging with a FREE brand NEW shiney First Act Guitar with the purchase of a Volkswagen! Check out Slash's Commercial promoting the deal! You think they would give away a FENDER...Get it? :wink: A car and a FENDER! :roll: :roll:

Posted : 09/10/2006 10:39 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Me thinks Slash has sold out :cry: ....But then I would probably do the same if I was in his shoes :lol: ( I wouldn't look as cool though) :lol:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 09/10/2006 10:52 pm
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

:lol: When I first saw the commerical I missed what the guitar was. Then I saw it again....First Act!?!?! Weak. :( Why not at least an Epi LP? Gibson LP always comes to mind when I think of Slash.

So what kind of guitar was compaired to a Voltswagen?

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 10/10/2006 12:07 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Why not at least an Epi LP? Gibson LP always comes to mind when I think of Slash.

Because they didn't want the guitar to exceed the value of the car! :lol:

Posted : 10/10/2006 12:44 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I just saw the VW commercial, but this one had Nigel Tufnel from Spinal Tap in it. :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/10/2006 1:33 am
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Why not at least an Epi LP? Gibson LP always comes to mind when I think of Slash.

Because they didn't want the guitar to exceed the value of the car! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm choking here while trying to laugh.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 10/10/2006 1:36 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

bizzarely First Act has a limited edition model out that lists for $1500

Posted : 10/10/2006 1:42 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

bizzarely First Act has a limited edition model out that lists for $1500

I played a couple of First Act's high end guitars at last year's CES. A bizarre place to show guitars, but they were actually nice stuff -- and moderately pricey at a grand+. It wasn't until after the show that I found out about FA cheapo stuff. But hey ... no worse than Fender and Gibby in that respect.

As for VW + free guitar -- well once upon a time I would have defended VW, but 9 years with a Passat fixed that inclination. Fun cars for about 3 years or until the warranty runs out -- whichever comes first. Hopefully the guitar is better.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 10/10/2006 2:16 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

OMG if this weren't a family oriented board..... :lol:

Posted : 10/10/2006 10:08 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

OMG if this weren't a family oriented board..... :lol:

Tell me about it. I work with a very nice and respected gentleman in Asia who uses Johnson as his Anglo 'given' name. Honorific and last name: Dr. Huang. However, I don't think he makes instruments ...

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 11/10/2006 12:05 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Not to get off topic here but I was at Walmart last night trying to buy a guitar and they were trying to sell me a Volkswagen with it.

Oh the humanity.... :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 11/10/2006 12:08 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Not to get off topic here but I was at Walmart last night trying to buy a guitar and they were trying to sell me a Volkswagen with it.

Oh the humanity.... :D

LOL!! :lol: :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 11/10/2006 12:41 am
(@clazon)
Honorable Member

Any ideas as to what song Slash is playing in the ad?

Or is it just a made up jam? :(

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

Posted : 23/10/2006 1:39 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I've always kind of liked the VW styling but having had a couple Beetles VW's have always been mechanical nightmares. My daughter just trashed her 95 Jetta, piece of junk, but I'm gullible I'd buy a car to get a guitar...

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 24/10/2006 2:37 pm
(@tom-d)
Eminent Member

completely changing the topic what is the song in the commercial its been bugging me for weeks!

Posted : 11/11/2006 4:38 am
Page 1 / 2