Clear all

Greetings from Central Florida

20 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Just wanted to say hey to everyone. I,m on vacation in Florida visiting my daughter and grand kids. It has rained the past day or so but I don't care. I'm eating too much and enjoying myself. The ride here was fun. I passed many of you on the way here. I stayed in a place called Front Royal Virginia, not too awful far from Alexandria Nick. Passed the exit to Roy's place as I drove through North Carolina. Notes was asking about SX Strats, I got mine with me, come on over and check it out. :lol: I'm in Lakeland, it's a few hours away. I have the SX and my trusty Peavey VYPYR practice amp. My grandson Zack seems to be amazed by the guitar. He is almost 10 months old. My grandaughter has her new barbie guitar that I got her and she loves it. She is 3, or as she will tell you ..... free.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 19/04/2010 10:15 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hi TR! I know Front Royal. I've made many a pit stop at that Hampton Inn right off of 66. The lovely Mrs Parker was born about 30 miles from there. There are some GREAT motorcycle roads south and east of town. You'll have to take an extra day sometime and visit the caverns. Kind of like Howe Caverns in Upstate NY (Cobleskill). Another set up the road in Luray too. Both right on 340.

Back to Florida. I could not believe just how big Orlando has gotten. We had to drive through there to get to Bradenton. What a massive city sprawl that's become. Probably another 10 years and the whole road from Tampa to Daytona will be one, big long city. :|

Strawberries probably out of season there by now. Isn't that so weird? We don't get them for a week or two and you guys got another 2 months almost. Oh, speaking of fruit. Here's good for a laugh. Stop for gas at one of those gas stations/fruit stands with the signs that says fruit bag for $1.00. It was a small plastic bag with a dozen pieces of bruised and rotting looking oranges and such that made me lose my appetite for the regular oranges I was gonna get.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 19/04/2010 10:53 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

We stayed at the Hampton! Staying there on the way back too. 8)

We hung out at Downtown Disney today.

Posted : 19/04/2010 8:01 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

$12 per drink. :?: :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 20/04/2010 12:13 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

$8.75 :lol: But worth doing one. I took the picture so I could keep it and get my money's worth. :P

Posted : 20/04/2010 1:44 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Wooo!!!! That has to be quite a drink for $8.75!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 20/04/2010 5:56 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to Orlando! :lol:

Roy

Posted : 20/04/2010 9:49 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Thanks for finding time to post TR. :D

10 months... and freeeee! My, how they are growing.

Hope you enjoy your visit for awhile and have a safe trip back.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 22/04/2010 11:11 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Enjoy your time off! You have to get a pic of you and your grandson with the guitar!!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 23/04/2010 2:51 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I know Front Royal, too. Years ago (over 40) there was a Texaco station there with a collection of cartridges under the glass counter. I was excited about seeing the first brass 12 gauge shells I'd ever seen, and the station owner gave me one, a 00 buckshot round. I still have it, as a matter of fact. :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 23/04/2010 6:25 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well, I'm in St. Augustine now .... and it is beautiful! I didn't get a guitar picture .... how about watching baseball with grampa? Oh .. thanks to his faternal grandmother his head is mis-shapen so he has a helmet to fix it .... And cats have grandpas too!

Here is my daughter getting my grandaughter Olivia ready in the morning before work. "Does my flack jacket make me look fat?" :lol:

Oh ... and when my son in law shot himself last year ....... Olivia was going to make her first trip to the ocean the next day. On the anniversary, we did it. May I note my grandaughter is a baby model. I'm not bragging or anything. :lol:

Posted : 23/04/2010 11:06 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That's great, TR! :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 24/04/2010 10:48 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Nice pics, TR! Glad you're having a good time.

Jim

Posted : 25/04/2010 1:45 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice pics. Looks like you're having a great time with your family. :D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 25/04/2010 1:11 pm
Page 1 / 2