Clear all

Where Did The Guitar Tabs Go?

214 Posts
56 Users
0 Likes
62.5 K Views
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Excellent! I'm glad you're working with them to get us back to normal! (Whatever that is!) :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 24/05/2011 8:20 pm
(@staffan)
Estimable Member

Hi GN-crew!

What´s new in the negotiations with "the publishers"... any progress? Or are they just stalling you, until they think you´ll eventually tire and give up?

Seems like the months are rolling by but without any tangible results...?

Now, I know you´re doing everything you can - and I´m very grateful for that - so I´m not "having a go" at you, I´m just interested in the matter because I miss all the great song-lessons. :cry:

Best Regards,
/S

AAAFNRAA
- Electric Don Quixote -

Posted : 03/07/2011 8:48 am
(@staffan)
Estimable Member

Any news?

Best Regards,
/Staffan

AAAFNRAA
- Electric Don Quixote -

Posted : 24/10/2011 4:59 pm
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin
Topic starter

Something good is coming soon. We have an agreement in place to license songs. It should go into effect very soon.

We'll be reposting some of the old song lessons with improvements and a few new ones as well. The exact timing is something I can't be sure of. But it is really now or never. Sometime in the next few weeks. I'll make sure to announce the news all over the site so nobody misses it.

Thanks again for all the patience and understanding.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 25/10/2011 7:24 am
(@imalone)
Reputable Member

Thanks, that's really great news.

Posted : 25/10/2011 9:15 am
(@staffan)
Estimable Member

Wow, that´s excellent - I´m so happy :D

I´ve missed the "old" song-lessons tremendously, so I´m really looking forward to revisiting them - and some new ones - again. I think the GN song lessons are easily the best out there and they´re a really fun, engaging and interesting way to learn new techniques on the guitar as well as picking up a new song to add to the repertoire!

Best of luck to you in these final steps of the process! I pray to all guitar gods - present and past - that you´ll succeed :mrgreen:

And thank you - to all the GN crew - who are putting all this time and effort into this to make it happen!

:note2: :note1:

Best Regards,
/Staffan

AAAFNRAA
- Electric Don Quixote -

Posted : 26/10/2011 9:06 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin
Topic starter

The first of the easy songs for beginners lesson are back!

Check this link for more info https://www.guitarnoise.com/topics/easy-guitar-songs/

More songs are on the way. I'll be making an announcement in the coming days to let you know what's going on.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 01/11/2011 8:43 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Congratulations to all involved! What an unbelievable job.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 01/11/2011 12:31 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

That's great news. Congrats! 8)

Don

Posted : 01/11/2011 7:13 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

That's excellent news.
Thanks to Paul and the rest of the GN team for all the hard (and I suspect somewhat frustrating) work behind the scenes

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 01/11/2011 7:16 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I can't imagine the headaches around that situation. Congrats for getting that much done! :D :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 01/11/2011 7:21 pm
(@staffan)
Estimable Member

That´s great news! Thanks a lot for all the work you´ve put into this, GN-crew!

AAAFNRAA
- Electric Don Quixote -

Posted : 02/11/2011 1:54 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yesterday I read the tweet and now I was reading the newsletter.

Thank you very much. You are doing a great work!

Posted : 02/11/2011 8:49 pm
(@imalone)
Reputable Member

Congratulations! It looks like quite a bit of work has gone into updating the lessons too. I only stumbled across GN shortly before the takedown, so I'll be seeing most of these for the first time; looking forward to it.

Posted : 02/11/2011 10:33 pm
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin
Topic starter

As this discussion has been all over the place, here is a link to the "official" announcement made today: The Return of Easy Songs for Beginners

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 03/11/2011 3:06 pm
Page 14 / 15