Clear all

GN Funk Jam

278 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
48 K Views
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Elektrablue wrote: Pearlthekat said that she will have her new computer in about a month. So, the ladies team DOES have three!!!
AND we're still looking for a fourth to join us!

Don't worry if you haven't recorded into the computer or used Audacity before--we can help you through that. Lots of very helpful resources around here.

Please say you will.......?

(Just wanted to give our invitation a bump, in case some female is checking out this thread but not the one on The Other Side)

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 01/12/2006 6:11 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Yes ladies, what Bish is actually trying to say is that he just listened to my part and none of you have anything to worry about! :lol:

Bish, I think I'm on team one.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 01/12/2006 6:16 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yes ladies, what Bish is actually trying to say is that he just listened to my part and none of you have anything to worry about! :lol:

Bish, I think I'm on team one.

Jason

It was that blantant, huh? I thought I had better tact than that.

:shock: Wait. What part? :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 01/12/2006 9:54 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

You did get my files, right? I sent them to the email you have listed on here last night.

Jason

Posted : 01/12/2006 9:57 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Files?

What ever are you referring to?

J/K :wink: :wink:

Yes I have them. :wink:

Bish

Posted : 01/12/2006 10:13 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

:x

:P

Jason

Posted : 01/12/2006 11:37 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

It's not a judging contest on how good you are. It's a fun exercise to get you out of the conventional box and comfort zone you have fallen victim to.

Amen. This is not the kind of music I make at all so I know I will suck. But as Xao Li Wang said: "If you never suck you'll never be good." And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Posted : 01/12/2006 11:38 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

It's not a judging contest on how good you are. It's a fun exercise to get you out of the conventional box and comfort zone you have fallen victim to.

Amen. This is not the kind of music I make at all so I know I will suck. But as Xao Li Wang said: "If you never suck you'll never be good." And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Would that be a fortune cookie and are you having any eggnogg with it? :D

Bish

Posted : 01/12/2006 11:59 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

This is not the kind of music I make at all so I know I will suck. But as Xao Li Wang said: "If you never suck you'll never be good." And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I'm in the same boat as you, Arjen. I've never played a lick of funk in my life (not on purpose, anyway ... very possibly by accident, though!! :D ) So, I am looking at Pearlthekat's needing to wait a month for her new computer as an excellent chance to spend a month getting "funkified"! I picked up some Tower of Power and Graham Central Station to get started with the "funkifying" process. Somebody more familiar with the genre might be nice enough to name some other funk artists so that those of us who are not that familiar with it can get the feel (and maybe borrow a lick or two!).

EDIT: I get it!!! You just find a groove and stay there! OK. Cool! I can do that! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 02/12/2006 12:14 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Ladies, our 4th may have just surfaced.

More details soon! :wink:

Bish

Posted : 02/12/2006 2:04 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Bish: I'll settle for any cookie if it comes with some good solid eggnogg. :D

Posted : 02/12/2006 2:15 pm
(@prblack)
Eminent Member

Hey ladies!

I'd like to be your fourth. :D

prblack

Posted : 02/12/2006 10:45 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

The ladies have a full team!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome PRBlack! :D

So, the ladies team consists of:

Margaret
Elecktrablue
Pearlthekat
PRBlack

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 03/12/2006 12:19 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Of course, since all team cuts are all segmented in the same fashion, Bish has total freedom to select one each of slots 1 thru 4 from any of the teams' sets when synthesizing a complete piece. Might be some interesting alternative match-ups created later on -- maybe even some wild overlays in the same slot ... lots of possibilities being presented here.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 03/12/2006 12:53 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Okay - so how 'bout a Squire 51 team? Call it Funk '51. :cool:

I spoke to Gnease about this, and even though he was joking he said he'd join in, and Bish agreed to put it together so ... any other '51 owners up for it?

I'd like the 2nd spot, if that's okay.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 03/12/2006 1:02 am
Page 5 / 19