Clear all

Beautiful guitars or not

22 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

These are some lovely guitars but are they overpriced ?

I think I like #13 the best

http://www.prsguitars.com/privatestock/gallery/index.html

By the way, there are some nice Windows wallpapers on the downloads page

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I don't like too much the visual aspect of this kind of wood (I mean, they are "tiger-like"), I prefer the finished of the #642.

However, the #13 is beautiful. Currently I'm considering a hollow or semi-hollow guitar (in fact, I go to a store in a couple of hours) but I also think it will be too expensive for me.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

889 !!

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

No question PRS isn't going to be your cheapest guitar to purchase.

However, the finish, overall craftsmanship, the ease of playing, the fullness of sound (regardless if amplified or not) the tone quality and feel will draw you in, without question.

I found my perfect PRS back in December. Mine was over $2400, but I'm glad to spend the money for a guitar that even a novice like me can appreciate.

I don't know anyone who doesn't like their PRS. Whether it be a $500 version or higher, they are very fine guitars.

Having HD TV I have a channel that features top named acts in live venues. Every week there is someone new and all recognized names, as well.

I've seen Styx, 311 (this past weekend), Sammy Hagar, and several other acts over the last few months and at least one of the lead guitarists was playing a PRS. Once you get familiar with the body shape and headstock, they are very easy to pick out.

To me, they are worth whatever you spend on one. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

#902 or #950.

Check out 950 - looks like one full piece of maple instead of bookmatched. I love the greens, blues, and oranges.

I think the PRS singlecut has become the grail in my "Les Paul" quest. I'm nowhere near buying one, but given my recent experience with the newer Gibson LP's quality control, I can see myself settling in nicely with a PRS Singlecut.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

damnit rodders, one of them was so hot it burnt a hole in my computer screen.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I could sit and drool over that gallery all day - if I had the money #515 would be on it's way here now!

Of course, I'd have to learn "5.15" by the Who then - kind of a signature tune......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

They sure are purdy ... and they play real nice ... but I look even older and more worn out standing behind one ... :P

OTOH, if I ever buy a LP-type, it'll be PRS or Hamer.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@jonny-guitar)
Trusted Member

I know this might sound funny, but to me, they almost look too good. I agree with Nuno...they're tiger-like. With one over my shoulder, I'd sort of feel like I were wearing a fox-fur coat. That's just the feeling it gives me. A Kind of a glam vibe. But I guess that's just me. #511 is awesome, though.

I've heard some played, and their tone is a completely different matter. Especially those soapbox models. Great tone!

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

In my opinion, so long as it has the three things I look for in a guitar: It feels good to play it, It looks good and it sounds good, then I think spending that kind of money is OK. Obviously not everyone can afford one (including myself) but if it's got what I'm looking for and it's made by professionals with high grade matieral then I think it's worth the cost.

However, if I pay for a high priced guitar, I would complain if ANYTHING was wrong with it.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I personally don't like them. Way too showy. 950 is nice, but other then that I don't care for them.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@jonny-guitar)
Trusted Member

I personally don't like them. Way too showy. 950 is nice, but other then that I don't care for them.

Paul

Exactly.

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

I like the following- #8, 13, 514, 515, 774, 886, 889, 895, 950.

Other than those, I really don't care for them.

Actually, they look very nice here.

The pics on the PRSguitars.com site really don't do them justice, it seems.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

prs makes an incredible guitar, i've played a couple and loved them 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

543 mmmmmm

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2