oktay

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

It's been on for a while now.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Its a great commerical really. The only good thing about Estaban in my mind. It just cracks me up, much like the finish on his guitars!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Why is Estaban a know guitarist? I had never heard of him until I saw him selling guitars on tv. In the commercial, when he appeard, the boys wear like "WOW its Estaban!" Why?

I know the guitars he sells are total crap (from what I have read hear). But is he a good player? Should I be listening to his work?

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I had never heard of him until I saw him selling guitars on tv. In the commercial, when he appeard, the boys wear like "WOW its Estaban!" Why?

He was probably about as famous as John McCarthy (inside GN joke.)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That commercial is pretty funny.

I don't know why Estaban is famous. I've never heard of him until he started selling guitars either.

I saw one of his guitars at a pawn shop a couple of weeks ago. Total garbage. It felt like it was made out of cardboard. Some poor sucker fell for the advertising.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Estaban is famous for being famous.

It's really a pretty cool gig if you can get it.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

It's true that he is well known just for his infomercials, however if you do watch him play he actually is quite talented, regardless of any kind of scam he is pulling.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Esteban is famous because of QVC.

A lot of the guy's bio is pretty clearly hype - I mean, he says he had 150 students per week and was gigging in nightclubs while he was in college getting a double major... while the most successful music teachers I know top out at 70-100 students per week? He also claims to have been one of Segovia's favorite students... but Segovia didn't mention him in his memoirs, other noted Segovia students don't remember him, and his only proof seems to be a photo of him with Segovia.

Anyway, he was just a hotel guitarist like hundreds of others, with his own self-produced CD for sale when somebody got the idea of selling the CD on the QVC shopping network. They sold 50,000 copies... I think in part because they cater to impulse purchases, and his music isn't offensive (think about it - roughly 50% of the gold albums in classical music in the past decade have been sold at Victoria's Secret stores!)

If you're into classical guitarists, listen to Segovia, Bream, Isbin, Parkening, Hall, Pena, Romero, Frenandez... Esteban doesn't make anyone's list that I know of. If anything, he's the Liberace of guitar.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I love the Geico commercials.

So many good ones, one of my favourites:

"I have some good news for you"
-You're leaving Jessica for me?
"No, I just saved a lot of money on my car insurance by switching to geico" - as she walks away, "I saved! I thought that meant something to you!"

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

The best thing about the Geico/Estaban commerical is that it has to do with playing guitar.

Though I wouldn't play one of his. I saw that infomercial on Christmas Eve and couldn't stop laughing.

Anyone ever see the Peter Frampton (i think that's who) informerical? Something about learning to play guitar quick with his lessons.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

I love the Geico commercials.

So many good ones, one of my favourites:

"I have some good news for you"
-You're leaving Jessica for me?
"No, I just saved a lot of money on my car insurance by switching to geico" - as she walks away, "I saved! I thought that meant something to you!"

This one and the squirrels really get me laughing.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i think he thinks he is zorro

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Or Stevie Ray Vaughan. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

The best thing about the Geico/Estaban commerical is that it has to do with playing guitar.

Though I wouldn't play one of his. I saw that infomercial on Christmas Eve and couldn't stop laughing.

Anyone ever see the Peter Frampton (i think that's who) informerical? Something about learning to play guitar quick with his lessons.

I would take lessons from Frampton :D He's a good solid player in my book and part of rock-n-roll histery--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2