FIFA 2010 QF Poll

193 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
15.4 K Views
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Scrybe, and do you say Howard Webb is a good referee? :lol:

HWebb wore the wrong uniform - he should have had his police officer's gear on. I'm still waiting for a soccer game to start. :evil:

Seriously, Webb should have given the Red to deJong, and should have given a foul/PK on Robben's run to goal, but otherwise he called it pretty well, IMO. It was a nasty game.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Scrybe, and do you say Howard Webb is a good referee? :lol:

HWebb wore the wrong uniform - he should have had his police officer's gear on. I'm still waiting for a soccer game to start. :evil:

Seriously, Webb should have given the Red to deJong, and should have given a foul/PK on Robben's run to goal, but otherwise he called it pretty well, IMO. It was a nasty game.

He usually is a good referee. The whole match was appalling, including his contributions.

Laz - Puyol fouled outside the box, so it should have been free kick and Puyol should have been sent off for it. As the last man in defence it should be straight red, but even a yellow card would have seen him off, given he was already on one yellow. Robben's yellow card for being frustrated about it was harsh, imo. As was the card one of the Dutch players randomly got after Iniesta clattered into him completely off the ball just because he didn't get a free kick for falling down. How Iniesta got away with that without getting carded is preposterous.

De Jong should have been the first to go. That was Cantona bad. And when you watch the replays - the ball was a couple of yards away and De Jong wasn't even watching the ball, he had his eye on Alonso the whole time. Completely intentional, imo. There's no denying that, or the Puyol foul.

And, to be fair, given some of the fouls that got called during the match, the foul on Eli that started the build up to the Spain goal also should have been called. It was a lot worse than some of the other fouls that resulted in cards.

As an impartial observer, I don't think anyone involved in that game showed any dignity. Everyone on the pitch proved themselves to be an utter disgrace in the way they behaved last night. It was pathetic, and an awful advertisment of the beautiful game.

In England, they've been showing a "Most Shocking Moments of World Cup History" programme. I think the entire 120 minutes deserves to be added to the list, alongside Rivaldo's face-clutching attempt to get a player sent off for no reason, Diego's handball 'goal', and Zidane's headbutt. I was actually hoping Mandela would hand over the trophy and make a speech pointing out just how badly everyone disgraced themselves.

Not a single man on the pitch last night. That's sad. :cry:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Thanks everybody! Spain is a party. Players are already here, the aircraft landed some minutes ago in Barajas airport. Now they are in a hotel and then they come to the party as well in a couple of hours.

And thank you very much Americans! That was so cool! :D

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Scrybe - I won't argue the details with you, but I agree with your disgust with the entire match.

Congrats to Spain!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I think the ref did a good job. I mean if he'd thrown De Jong out that early in the game, can you imagine what they'd be saying about him now? De Jong certainly deserved the red card, but would anyone be satisfied with a World Cup Final where a side was playing a man down for three quarters of the game?

Several times you saw him talking to the players, warning them. He gave out yellows judiciously but allowed the game to be played. I think he was in a no win situation and did the best he could. I'm not sure how it could've been done better.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

....and it's just 33 days to the start of the English Premier League Season, and 5 days to Liverpool's 1st pre-season friendly. Note for Laz....first game of the season, Liverpool v Arsenal - Sun 15th Aug, 4pm. And it's live on TV!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

....and it's just 33 days to the start of the English Premier League Season, and 5 days to Liverpool's 1st pre-season friendly. Note for Laz....first game of the season, Liverpool v Arsenal - Sun 15th Aug, 4pm. And it's live on TV!!!!

Vic

Just 10 days until ManU plays here in Philly. The girls are psyched.

I'm thinking we (Arsenal) should recruit the keeper from Nigeria.

Who knew that Nick carried such wisdom about soccer?

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

It's FOOTBALL Laz. :lol: ...says the boy born and raised in London.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

It's FOOTBALL Laz. :lol:

Give Laz a yellow card, Nick. Go on, give yellow! Give yellow! He deserves it!!!!

(sorry, just trying to be inspired by what I saw my heroes do :roll: )

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

It's FOOTBALL Laz. :lol: ...says the boy born and raised in London.

And THAT'S an administrative ruling!!!

(Sez Vic, who's been watching Cricket all day - nice to see an England team winning a match every now and then. Even if three of the Englishmen were actually born in S. Africa, and one in Ireland. And not a yellow card in sight.)

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

It's FOOTBALL Laz. :lol:

Give Laz a yellow card, Nick. Go on, give yellow! Give yellow! He deserves it!!!!

(sorry, just trying to be inspired by what I saw my heroes do :roll: )

A Yellow Card is Myers Coconut Rum and giner ale. Two Yellow Cards make a Red Card. And 3 Yellow Cards makes a...

"Graham Poll"

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

We was around a couple of hours waiting for the bus with the players. There was a million of people or even more in the streets. I was to less than a meter from the bus. I saw to a half of the team: Fernando Torres, Pepe Reina, San Iker Casillas, Sergio Busquets... They saw me. They were smiling. I think they can not believe it.

I can not speak in that moment. I can not pronounce any word. I was not able to generate any sound. Even I can not take more pictures although I had the mobile phone in my hands.

I can not describe it.

That's amazing...

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Congrats to Spain! It was a really good game. I could not beleive my eyes when I saw NED turn the ball over so close to their net. Nuno, I was thinking about you the entire time! :lol: It must have been a surreal moment when the team got off of the bus. Based on your decription, I can tell that you were very emotional about it. That is wonderful!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nuno, I was thinking about you the entire time! :lol:
Thank you! :D

Newspapers say around 1.5 or 2 million people. It is possible. Perhaps we were even more. The bus followed a path of 8 or 10 km and always there were lots of people.

Some pictures and videos.

You can see Pepe Reina with the mic (this guy is awesome), El Niño with a scarf with the badge of Atleti and Cesc Fábregas with a shirt of Barcelona! While Cesc was speaking with Reina, Carles Puyol (Puyi) and Gerard Piqué (Piquenbauer) put him the shirt ROFL!

Sorry Laz, perhaps Cesc gets back to Spain the next season!

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Holy Crap! :shock: That's a lot of people! Sweet Euphoria eh?

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 13