Clear all

FIFA 2010 QF Poll

193 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
15.4 K Views
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

you're n physio too?!? Is this contagious or something? I start next week. On anti-inflammatories as of today (working quite nicely, aside from the stomach side-effects) and painkillers (past month or so).

Been to two sessions so far - for my long-standing (and believe me, at 6'5" long standing is not far out!) back problem, which is something called Spondylylothesis and involves a severely misplaced vertebra - and the second one included exercises for my relatively new shoulder problem. Something to do with a rotator cuff something or other - I haven't actually touched a guitar since about early March, apart from one abortive attempt about a month ago when quite a few swear words were uttered....tooo early.

I am so looking forward to getting the all-clear....I've even bought new strings, I'm going to put them on next week - but my callouses are gone. As if I never had them. At one time, I could tap my callouses on a table and you'd swear I was tapping my nails.....that's NOT going to be fun!

On the plus side, my RH fingernails have grown beautifully - and as per Scrybe's advice, I haven't bitten them, I haven't cut them at all, I've filed them - gently! They seem to be harder and stronger than at any time in the recent past.....fingers crossed!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

not one to blow my own trumpet (I'm a guitarist!) but.....
My head says Spain - they look to have the strongest squad, no obvious weaknesses anywhere and plenty of strength in depth.

That was on June 11th - the day the tournament started... I just wish I'd put some cash on my predictions!

Oh well............

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I thought too many fouls went uncalled
:lol:

Scrybe, are you sure you watch the match on TV? Perhaps you had your video console switched on? :lol:

Nobody says anything about the referee. According your words it would be normal here in Spain but did you read or listen the comments of German people? I did it. They don't mention the referee, they say Spain was better. Please, read the Löw comments about the match.

As Germany as Spain play good football. Yesterday Spain got the ball and it is really difficult to stole the ball. Perhaps if they perform more faults, they could get the ball and the direction of the match. But the current team of Germany is very "elegant" (perhaps it is so Spanish word), they tried to play football.

Some statistics (sorry if not the correct words). Possession: 45.3% (G) 54.7% (S). Throws to goal (goal+out): 6 (G) 15 (S). Throws to goal 2 (G) 5 (S). Corners: 6 (G) 7 (S). Lost ball: 76 (G) 65 (S). Recovered ball: 54 (G) 61 (S). Faults: 9 (G) 7 (S).

More statistics, now Uruguay-Netherlands. Possession: 45.1% (U) 54.8% (N). Throws to goal (goal+out): 12 (U) 12 (N). Throws to goal 4 (U) 4 (N). Corners: 4 (U) 5 (N). Lost ball: 72 (U) 70 (N). Recovered ball: 48 (U) 52 (N). Faults: 13 (U) 16 (N).

Argentina-Germany. Possession: 57.5% (A) 42,5% (G). Throws to goal (goal+out): 20 (A) 18 (G). Throws to goal 7 (A) 2 (G). Corners: 5 (A) 4 (G). Lost ball: 70 (A) 71 (G). Recovered ball: 57 (A) 58 (G). Faults: 20 (A) 14 (G).

Germany-England. Possession: 46.3% (G) 53.7% (E). Throws to goal (goal+out): 17 (G) 18 (E). Throws to goal 2 (G) 8 (E). Corners: 4 (G) 6 (E). Lost ball: 81 (G) 79 (E). Recovered ball: 55 (G) 58 (E). Faults: 7 (G) 5 (E).

Anyway, it is your opinion! :D

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Germany has played fast, loose and aggressive. Spain has played a slower, controlled, more tactical game. Germany let Spain slow the game down, and Spain converted a corner kick with an amazing header. The teams were very closely matched, but Spain set the tempo, and Germany let them.

This ref didn't flash the Yellow as often as some of the other refs, but he was consistent for both sides, and didn't affect the style of play or the outcome.

I'll stand by the Orange in the final.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Germany has played fast, loose and aggressive. Spain has played a slower, controlled, more tactical game. Germany let Spain slow the game down, and Spain converted a corner kick with an amazing header. The teams were very closely matched, but Spain set the tempo, and Germany let them.

A good analysis Laz...but we all know it was because of Paul, the Octopus.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Nuno, I never said the ref favoured Spain. In fact, I pointed out when he got calls wrong that negatively affected Spain. I thought he got calls wrong for both teams, and that's why I don't want him reffing the finals. I thought his calls were suspect, and if the two teams involved had been less clean, or if there had been more controversial moments, then it could have affected the game because of his deficiencies. There's nothing anti-Spanish about saying the ref was a plank and both teams lost chances due to his plankishness. Anyway, they've named Howard Webb as the Finals ref now, so we should (I hope) see a Final that's well-officiated.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Congratulations to Spain - clearly the better team on the day. Pedro really caused massive problems there. Torres was dead when he came on - pointless substitution.

Here's hoping that ref doesn't get the Final though - some very dodgy calls on his part. Hope it goes to Howard Webb so the Netherlands and Spain can face off in a fair game.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

My apologies Lady Scrybe :D

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

My apologies Lady Scrybe :D

Oh, no....don't start apologising. As soon as Scrybe posted the "apologies to all American GN'ers" thread, England's World Cup went downhill faster than the Tour De France coming out of the Pyrenees. I'm blaming her for jinxing England - nothing at all to do with the fact our, ahem, "footballers" were about as useful as chocolate fireguards. And then Germany. Scrybe, PLEASE tell me you're backing Netherlands in the Final.....

Anyway, Paul's predicted a Spanish win......

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I am going with whatever Paul says. He deserves to be the Chairman of European Union, imo.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Oh, no....don't start apologising.
Scrybe, I don't apologize! :evil:

Paul is a good octopus! :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

There is one English team in the final! There will be no whining in this match.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

My apologies to all Holland fans.

My apologies to all Spain fans.

Just trying to be fair. :roll:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Oh, and.....c'mon Liverpool!

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Oh, and.....c'mon Liverpool!

Scouser! At least your boys will be well rested this season.

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 13