Notifications
Clear all

Guitars going out and into style.....

36 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I remember a few years back, when Coldplay was tearing up the charts, that semi hollow Tele Deluxes, the '72 and reissuses, were real popular. I don't see those anymore.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I think the world of bass guitars has pretty much remained the same.

ReplyQuote
(@soul-power)

the strat will never go out of style. just think, most of the guitar heroes used a strat. that is what will keep it popular.

music's all the same deep down, eighth notes, time signatures, scales, etc.., but people still say what your listening to isn't music, how weird.

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

I think the world of bass guitars has pretty much remained the same.

Well in the 60's and early 70's, people played mainly Fenders and Gibsons, with maybe an occasional Rick.
Now you've got G&L, Musicman, Ibanez, Peavey, Yamaha, and a thousand other brands to choose from.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

The paul mccartney's violin bass hasn't been much popular in the recent times.I think its one of the best looking (and sounding as well) out there.Maybe hofner should reduce the prices...

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Back in the early 80's when Eddie Van Halen was god, Kramer was the guitar.

I had one of these Kramer guitars with a single bridge pickup, locking nut, and Floyd Rose. I didn't buy it because of Eddie, I just thought they had the coolest headstock ever.

I don't know if Kramer will ever come back. Kinda wished I had saved it though.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Kramers are still around, and MusicYo puts the low end ones on sale all the time.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

And Gretsch trundle along completely oblivious to the fact that they've made the world's most exceptional axe for many years now but you never see an ad for one. I want a White Falcon when I grow up.

I think a lot revolves round the fact that almost anybody who's any good gets some kind of endorsement deal from Gibson, and the other brands have to scratch around the 2nd division for endorsees. You don't see people like Slash endorsing Ibanez (for example), you only ever see him with a Les Paul or a BC Rich (and even the BC Rich in the Marshall ads isn't one of the sexy black models with the bat-wing shape).

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I didn't buy it because of Eddie, I just thought they had the coolest headstock ever.

...and if guitar didn't work out for you, you could have taken the neck, removed the tunering pegs and taken up ice hockey :shock:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

I was just thinking about this the other day - not so long ago people turned their noses up at 70s Fenders (mainly because of CBS I suspect) and yet now they're really collectable. All-black Strats just like my '78 are fetching silly money on eBay UK.

This is the one:

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

You know i'm not a fender guy myself but that's real nice.

Minus

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

I didn't buy it because of Eddie, I just thought they had the coolest headstock ever.

...and if guitar didn't work out for you, you could have taken the neck, removed the tunering pegs and taken up ice hockey :shock:

I read this comment while I was at work and I not only did I laugh out loud (when I was supposed to be working, opps) but I also ended up sptting the coffee I was drinking at the time, all over the computer.

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I read this comment while I was at work and I not only did I laugh out loud (when I was supposed to be working, opps) but I also ended up sptting the coffee I was drinking at the time, all over the computer.
:lol:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

:lol:

It's not funny! I nearly drowned!!! Actually that *IS* funny, carry on.

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

I was window shopping a few days ago and I *HAD* to try this beautiful Taylor, Oh Lord it took all my strength not to lick it all over.

Fabulous guitar.

Hey My name is Taylor... Nice to Meet you... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Sorry Couldn't resist... HA!

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3