Clear all

I'm Back - again

20 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi Everyone, nice to see the familiar names running around still. I took my yearly sabatical from the 6-string adventure again. Spring and early summer are always so tough on my time for some reason. Between planning a 2,300 mile motorcycle ride for 12, doing the ride, big project at work being completed and released, one bad car accident, two surgeries (nothing major) and a holy war against my weight problem, I've hardly had time for much. Good thing I "retired" from Senior League baseball.

I fired up the LP and the amp, tuned up and started playing the other night. Same time of year too. End of July-beginning of August.

Well, good to "see" everyone.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome back, bud.

Missed seeing your cheery avatar! :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Yes, welcome back! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome back, Roy. When I saw you'd posted in the top 500 albums thread, I thought, "Hmmm - haven't seen him for a while!" SEVEN MONTHS? Yep, been a while!

Don't be a stranger!

:D :D :D

Vic.

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome back !

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Welcome back, bud.

Missed seeing your cheery avatar! :wink:

amen, glad to see you again!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Geez i didn't realize it had been so long, welcome back!

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Welcome back!

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Welcome back Roy! :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

hi!

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Good to see you again Roy. :) Hope you made some progress in that "Holy War" you've been waging. :wink:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Glad to hear from you Roy. We're always here for ya!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone. It's been too long. Weird year...again. Seems like every year this decade has left me with some really busy stretches. One thing leads to another, and wham. 6 months goes by.

Age is changing me. I went from a night owl to a morning bird during this stretch. As soon as I figured that out, I adjusted my work schedule and life seems to be getting less hectic. Odd. Also helps going into work earlier as most of the people I work with are in London. (most pleasant group of people I've ever worked with, btw)

My holy war against the weight problem is going as well as planned. I didn't go with any of those fad diets. I just reduced intake, eat better choices more often and walk 2 miles most days. 19 down since April, 93 to go. I figure 1.5 years total. No big deal, because I know this is what I have to do for the rest of my life....regardless of when I get to my goal weight.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Roy, I have become an day person this year also. As of 01/02/2007 I have been working the day shift after almost 25 years of the grave yard shift :shock: I find it makes a big difference after you get used to it :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2