Notifications
Clear all

Pics of Your Ride

47 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Have you ever noticed how, after buying a vehicle, you suddenly see them all over the place?
Yeah, I never saw Saturns until I got one of my own. And for some reason I see Chevy Luminas everywhere. I'm not sure about that one.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Have you ever noticed how, after buying a vehicle, you suddenly see them all over the place?
When I bought my Saturn, I thought it was a bit of an oddball, I'd seen the style before but rarely in my color, and since I got one I find myself seeing them everywhere, parking next to other ones in lots, etc etc. It's ridiculous!

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

Wow some cool cars.

It just amazes me what you guys pay for cars compared to us here in SA. These bastards here (can i say that here) totally rip us off.

I'll just add that to my list of possible reasons to immigrate. :evil:

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

Heres my baby. 2001 Volvo S60. Best car on the road. IMO. I don't see many of these on the road.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Heres my baby. 2001 Volvo S60. Best car on the road. IMO. I don't see many of these on the road.

Uh uhhhh -- V70 is much better, as it can haul a lot more stuff to the gig. That is the real reason we have one -- absolute truth.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

I've got a 10 year old beat up chevy station wagon, I spend my money on important stuff---Guitars :twisted:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

Uh uhhhh -- V70 is much better, as it can haul a lot more stuff to the gig. That is the real reason we have one -- absolute truth.

I'm sure it's "better" for your use but I had just got out of one hauler when I purchased this ride. I didn't need another one. It's just me and momma driving to work, the store and a trip to grandmas. Either way though Volvo makes the safest rides out there no matter what one needs.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I'm sure it's "better" for your use but I had just got out of one hauler when I purchased this ride. I didn't need another one. It's just me and momma driving to work, the store and a trip to grandmas. Either way though Volvo makes the safest rides out there no matter what one needs.

Volvos are safe? Crap, that's no fun.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

You obviously haven't test drove a S60 R. Oh boy you talk about fun. (and safe) :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

You obviously haven't test drove a S60 R. Oh boy you talk about fun. (and safe) :lol:

No, but I did consider the V70 R -- basically the same car, just as are the S60 and V70, except in the cargo area. :wink:

Driving has been a bit a of a mania for me, as I used to put on 50kmi a year just driving to the office. Almost ten years ago I was looking for a sporty car. Went to Acura and looked the "new" Integras. The salesman gave me a little lecture about the GS-R, saying it was a really quick, "race inspired" road car, but it was not for everyone, because most people didn't appreciate the tight handling, quickness, blah, blah ... So we did that test drive. Afterward, he took my wife aside and told her not to let me buy the car, because I would cost her a fortune in tickets. Okay. I thought maybe I had a bit of an excessive speeding and cornering problem. So I settled on a less "inspired" Passat GLX (the VW saleman called me "Mario" during that test drive). But Germans do speed really well, so I collected a few tickets with that car -- it cruised so nicely over 100 mph, and got there plently quickly. My insurance rates have finally dropped, so I've attempted to keep it that way. But that Mini Type S, is really tempting -- I just keep thinking it won't hold enough guitar equipment. But then, I have the save Volvo for that, don't I.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

So I settled on a less "inspired" Passat GLX (the VW saleman called me "Mario" during that test drive). But Germans do speed really well, so I collected a few tickets with that car -- it cruised so nicely over 100 mph, and got there plently quickly. My insurance rates have finally dropped, so I've attempted to keep it that way. But that Mini Type S, is really tempting -- I just keep thinking it won't hold enough guitar equipment. But then, I have the save Volvo for that, don't I.

My daughter has an "01 Passat. I see a lot of Volvo in it. Or I may see a lot of VW in my Volvo :wink: The latest Passat seems to have quite a bit of ingineuity (sp) in it. Directional head lights. Cooler in the glove box. etc.

Oh to be able to drive on the auto bahn. I've only experienced it as a passenger.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I can safely say the green and black on my bike does NOT match my hair.

Now one of my daughters boyfriends....lots of similarities there.

Kawasaki Vulcan? A friend of mine has one that's green & black.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

OK, so I don't drive this one anymore. But in a strange way it's the vehicle I'm most proud of. It's what I drove when I started my own business fifteen years ago. I struggled like a dog back then, working 80 plus hours a week and making nothing and driving this thing. Life is much, much better now ( can honestly say that I can spend more on a guitar than I did on that car - which isn't saying a whole heck of a lot).

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

My daughter has an "01 Passat. I see a lot of Volvo in it. Or I may see a lot of VW in my Volvo :wink: The latest Passat seems to have quite a bit of ingineuity (sp) in it. Directional head lights. Cooler in the glove box. etc.

Oh to be able to drive on the auto bahn. I've only experienced it as a passenger.

Mine is a '97, which means it looks like and is often mistaken for a big Jetta -- and definitely bears a strong resemblance to the older Volvos. That's the only thing my wife likes about it. It's very truck-like in terms of the body and engine -- it's stood up to more hard driving and road abuse than my former Honda/Acura cars. Unfortunately, 1990's German's didn't seem to do such as good job on little things such as power windows, oil fittings, headliners, ignition switches and trunk locking mechanisms. My wife calls it "the green money-sucker." Time to replace it.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

OK, so I don't drive this one anymore. But in a strange way it's the vehicle I'm most proud of. It's what I drove when I started my own business fifteen years ago. I struggled like a dog back then, working 80 plus hours a week and making nothing and driving this thing. Life is much, much better now ( can honestly say that I can spend more on a guitar than I did on that car - which isn't saying a whole heck of a lot).

Is that a Colt?

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4