Skip to content
Rolling Stones - di...

Notifications
Clear all

Rolling Stones - did someone already mention this?

28 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Rolling Stones back on the road
The Rolling Stones
Keith Richards and Mick Jagger announced the tour at New York's Juilliard school
The Rolling Stones are to embark on a mammoth world tour, kicking off with 35 dates in the US and Canada in August.

The band announced the gigs with a mini concert at New York's famous Juilliard music school.

The Rolling Stones have been busy working on a new album, which lead singer Sir Mick Jagger says is "about 85% done".

The tour will also take in South America, the Far East and finally Europe before summer 2006.

The first concert will be at the Fenway Park baseball stadium in Boston on 21 August, with tickets going on sale on general sale on 14 May for the first set of dates.

The Rolling Stones Forty Licks world tour in 2003 grossed more than $300m (£159m) as they performed to more than 3.4 million people.

Fan trap

Sir Mick squashed rumours - actually started by drummer Charlie Watts - that this tour would be a farewell one.

"We don't plan that this is the last tour, and we certainly don't announce it," said Sir Mick Jagger.

The Rolling Stones
The band kick off the tour in Boston

"I think that's a trap to try and get people to buy your tickets and say, 'Well, I'll never see them again'.

"We take each tour as it comes," he added.

Talking about the new album, the first featuring new material since the 1997 Bridges to Babylon, Sir Mick said "it kicks some ass".

"We tried to make it very wide-ranging and we tried to make it very hard-hitting, but it's got its sensitive moments," he said.

Keith Richards said the tour would probably be a mixture old songs, new songs, blues and covers of other artists music.

"Sometimes they choose themselves," Richards said.

(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

I posted about it in News section along with tour schedule. They are comming here to DENVER

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

You gotta be going to it, right? :)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Yes no way I'd miss it Nov. 24th here in Denver. Told the Mrs. I wanted ticket as an anniversary gift. Trying to convince her 20th is the one when you give the gift of Keith Richards :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Lol, good one.

It IS, though, isn't it?

:wink:

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I'm still waiting to learn when the Columbus shows go on sale. Frustratingly long wait, it seems.
The tour in 2002 was great though.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

saw a thing at the stones fan club site that if you enroll as a member you are gaurenteed 2 tickets in the first 15 rows. They are also having seating onstage this time out.
Some opening acts have been announced

August 21, 2005 Boston Fenway Park Black Eyed Peas
August 23, 2005 Boston Fenway Park Black Eyed Peas
August 26, 2005 Hartford Rentschler Stadium (U Conn.) Maroon 5
August 31, 2005 Detroit Comerica Park Maroon 5
September 3, 2005 Moncton Magnetic Hill The Tragically Hip, Maroon 5
September 28, 2005 Pittsburgh PNC Park Pearl Jam
October 3, 2005 Washington, DC MCI Center John Mayer Trio
October 10, 2005 Philadelphia Wachovia Center John Mayer Trio

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

November they'll be in the Los Angeles area.

If you get onstage seating, better take a pocket tuner in case Keef tosses you the guitar between songs and has you retune it.

And, everyone else (because teleplayer324 I know you know this, among others), if the Tele is missing the 6th string, BY NO MEANS TRY TO REPLACE IT!

llolollol....

Geez I crack myself up :)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

THey're here in Denver Nov. 24, Turkey dinner and the Stones for dessert.
It's funny you mention about keiths tele, my brother in law was just asking me last week how I busted a low e string and why hadn't i replaced it.

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Man that's funny. A real Kodak moment.

What'd you tell him by the way? You were waiting for a new one to arrive from the factory? Hehehehe

I actually tried building a 5-string modeled after his Newman Jones cherry-topped '73 model. Remember that thing? I thought it was really pretty. Anyhow, when I got down to it I realized the bridge would have to be special made, the pickups would technically have to be custom made with only 5 pole pieces, and then...the string spacing would feel weird going from a 6 to a 5. Either the neck would be the same width and the strings spread out, or the strings would keep their spacing and the neck would have to be narrower.

Way too much for me to do so I wound up making it a 6 string.

And...I think Keef might've realized the same things after he had it on the Sticky Fingers tour - it just would've felt weird, especially for a guy who changes guitar just about every song.

So...Telecaster with the 6th string missing solves both problems. :)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Man that's funny. A real Kodak moment.

What'd you tell him by the way? You were waiting for a new one to arrive from the factory? Hehehehe

I had had a couple of drinks at the time, so with a completely straight face I explained to him that it wasn't a guitar but an electric banjo, and went on to express my surprise that someone who loved country music as much as he did had never seen one before. { as an aside my wife who over heard the whole thing, swears I will have a warm welcome in hell for constantly putting him on} :twisted:

With my 5 string the only changes I have made is I use the low e string instead of the A string, gives it a nice boom on the low end.

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Electric banjo - you should get an award or that one! heheheheh!

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Tickets for the Denver show go on sale June 4th.

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Got my tickets, 14 rows from stage on right hand side where Keith normally plays

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Got my tickets, 14 rows from stage on right hand side where Keith normally plays

Those should be great seats. Congrats!
8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2