Clear all

What music fits your current emotion?

41 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm almost never emotional and am a generally cheerful person but recently I have been depressed. During this time two songs just really hit home with me. The first one is the pixies song where is my mind with it's crazy vocals then the calm chorus questioning their sanity really appeals to me at the moment. The other is radiohead's fake plastic trees where which has a desperate feel to it pleading to get rid of the pretentiousness of society.

What songs really speak to you right now?

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Sorry to hear that you are down! It'll get better. It always does.

Songs that I'm really feeling right now:

Brooks & Dunn - Play Something Country
Gretchen Wilson - All Jacked Up

I'm not even a big country fan, but I love the feel of those songs.

Also Crossfade - Colors I'm really liking right now.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

Well, recently I've been a little down on my luck and in a huge confusion trying to get this girl to go out with me. It's really the worst thing I felt. A combination of my being a little shy, with me never thinking positively about things like this.

So for moods, I would say

Beatles- we can work it out, because the words kind of remind me of my current situation

bee gees- holiday, it's a sad quiet song that helps to reflect on my negative thinking

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Best I Ever Had - Gary Allan - Slow sad but hopeful song

Been very depressed myself lately. Going to see someone about that next week. Hopefully in two weeks I'll be back to singing happy cheerful songs. :D

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I have been listening to mostly Keith Urban lately...his guitar work has impressed me greatly as of late.

But if you are looking for a song to cheer you up the new Trace Atkins song Honky Tonk Badonkadonk is AWESOME!

ReplyQuote
(@karla)
Estimable Member

At the time I really like Simple Plan's Welcome to My Life. Just because the lyrics seem made for me, decribes my mood perfectly.
Don't know if you guys like punk, but I love to sing along to this very loud whenever I'm feeling down...

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

SOAD- BYOB

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

Time in a bottle

Jim Croece - which I know I spelled wrong ... Sorry Jim!

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Jim Croce - so underrated

Accoustic blues always speaks to me. So does any blues-based rock music. Right now, though, "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something is on the radio and I'm feeling suitably mellow (after a few beers and some decent grub).

Normal days mean plenty of loud guitars - Rush, Queen, a bit of Led Zep, some GnR, some Foo Fighters, RHCP and so on.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Clapton's let it rain always cheers me up. But I'm in a pretty good mood, so I guess that song fits it.

When it comes to girl troubles blackzero, Clapton's "Blue Eyes Blue" says a lot!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

SOAD- BYOB

That was me 2 months ago (heck, even now and maybe forever unless things start to change!), but I haven't heard it lately. I think I need to buy the CD.

And of course, as always,

Life By The Drop - SRV

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I'm a big Pixies fan too, got almost all their albums. Good stuff.

Frank Black (Black Francis) Rules!

I like everything. Listening to AC/DC brings out the macho in me. At the same time, I love (as Paul McCartney sang) silly love songs. I love Chris Issak's Wicked Game. Very romantic. :oops:

I don't like hateful music of any kind. Most rap turns me off. I don't enjoy feeling that way. Too rude and aggressive for me.

Psychedelic music can make me trip. Sorry, but it's true. A song like Strawberry Fields Forever can bring a surreal or dreamlike mood over me. Another tune like this is Are You Experienced by Hendrix. I don't use drugs, but these kinds of songs have that type of effect on me.

Religious music makes me feel joyful. I really enjoy hymns.

I am usually pretty happy and upbeat. I just love good music with a beautiful melody. So this type music fits me best.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Yesterday was my daughter's 19th birthday party, so all we got to hear all day and half the night was dance music, current hits, more dance music, blah blah....

So today I've sort of overdosed on very loud rock music - listened to planet rock for a while, then played guitar, then listened to planet rock AND played guitar....

If my neighbours didn't hate me before, they sure as hell will now!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Jim Croce - so underrated

Maury Muehleisen -- so never mentioned: JC's excellent guitarist, who also died in the plane crash

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I can always find something on a Talking Heads or Crowded House album (esp. Woodface) that'll work the mood. Good ska works too -- anyone heard The (English) Beat's version of Tears of a Clown?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3