Clear all

What's on your holiday gift list?

23 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

It is that time of year again... are any of you asking Santa or a loved-one for guitar gear this year?

I usually buy my stuff with my own "guitar cash" but I'm asking for a few things this year:

- Coheed and Cambria CDs
- EHX Metal Muff pedal
- Song books
- acoustic strings

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Mmmm... this kind of threads is a source for ideas for the gift list! Great!

I love all my current gear and I have enough books and songs to learn in the next few months. Thus, I only ask for time for practicing and playing, alone or in group, for me and for everybody.

And peace.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Line 6 ToneCore Verbvilla pedal

Madden '08

Flatwound guitar strings

And maybe if I'm extra special good, Santa will bring me a Fender Blues Jr. :mrgreen:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'm asking my wife for a Big Muff. I think a Boss distortion (ds-1 or ds-2) too.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I'm asking my wife for a Big Muff.

:!:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@ghstflame)

well now is as good a time as any for a 1st post, i'm a 20 year old college student who recently picked up the guitar and got surprisingly good pretty fast (in comparison), so i asked for a thin line telecaster from the parents before they give me the "your to old for presents" speech, however i have a feeling its not going to happen >.>

keep moving foward, keep your head up, and wear that smile proud

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

I desperately need a couple new, good instrument cables. The ones I have are cheap and almost unusable at this point. In fact, I might have to bite the bullet and just buy them myself before Christmas. :(

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'm asking my wife for a Big Muff.

:!:
It WAS an interesting conversation for a few seconds until I let on what it was. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Hmmm...I don't get to make a list.... well I do but no one cares anyway.

I have already gotten a wish lists from the kids which include Guitar Hero III, Rock band and a computer

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

My two-year old son saw this at Costco and started shouting "dee tar! dee tar!" He's getting it for Christmas! And yes, it really says "Gibson" on the headstock. :lol:

Product Features

Toy electric guitar that requires no musical background
Teaches basic guitar lessons and classic rock songs
Made with durable plastic with flashing LED lights
Includes electric guitar, cable, strap and instructional DVD
Recommended for ages 10 to 15 years old. ROFL!

ReplyQuote
(@progressions)
Reputable Member

I've got a few books on rhythm technique on my wish list for the holidays. The next effect I'm looking for is a Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-5--somebody had one on Craigslist for $45, but I gotta pay the bills and just bought a Big Muff Pi anyway! I also need an acoustic pickup or an affordable electric/acoustic. Again, on Craigslist there was a beautiful Epiphone J-200 for $175, if I could only afford it right now! Soon, soon.

Isaac

Isaac Priestley: World Racketeering Squad
http://www.progressions.org/
http://www.youtube.com/worldracketeer

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

I wanted an Epi Master Built AJ500RC. Even ordered the darn thing and they 'went out of stock' the very next day....

So I may hold out till they get more in... and yes I've looked on all the sites and visited all the music stores round here that carry Epi's.

Other than that.. my Xmas wish list:
'08 Ducati 1098 -or-
'08 Yam R1 -or-
'08 Honda CBR1000RR

a box of strings:
acoustic - lights
electric - 10's

That Epi acoustic or a Martin
And a Thinline Tele

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

'08 Ducati 1098 -or-
'08 Yam R1 -or-
'08 Honda CBR1000RR

Wow, going for the speed, eh? I rode a neighbor's R1 one time. Scared the hell out of me. Quite a different monster than a Softail. :)

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

'08 Ducati 1098 -or-
'08 Yam R1 -or-
'08 Honda CBR1000RR

Wow, going for the speed, eh? I rode a neighbor's R1 one time. Scared the hell out of me. Quite a different monster than a Softail. :)

Yep.. I'm a "Knee-Dragg'n" fool on one of them thar 'scooters'.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

When he gets bored with it, do a little circuit bending. Add some pots, resistors, caps, a guitar jack etc. and plug that thing into an amp!

Now that's interesting ... shouldn't be too hard to bypass the internal amp that powers the built-in speaker ... hmmm ... I see a project coming in 2008! :)

But better I should teach him how to do those mods. Can't start 'em too young!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2