61 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Just My Thoughts

And you finished the assignment first! :D

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

And as a fine point of interest I noticed nobody seemed to have the concerns writing
about the Devil that appeared writing about Religion. HMMMM?

It's all too easy to upset someone writing about his/her deity in a way that the writer may not realise - on the other hand, I don't think there are too many devil-worshippers about to upset.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ccourtney)
Trusted Member

While I've only participated sporadically these past few months (too much time on the road, etc), I am humbled by the outpouring of good will and sense of sharing here at SSG.

The topics have inspired me to write at times when I was looking for a place to start but I'm also much more aware of what I need to work on. Its been years since I've written something with a powerful chorus (like Celt's Week 22 submission) or done something more upbeat. I have a few more Iraq songs in me but after that, anything which gets me out of the reflective, meloncholy rut is certainly helpful.

I need to get around and provide input to more people here on SSG. The problem is that I take much time with other's songs and try to phrase and sing them myself (take them for a bit of a test drive) so my critique process takes a bit of time.

Much love and respect,

Chris

http://www.myspace.com/courtneychris

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I need to get around and provide input to more people here on SSG. The problem is that I take much time with other's songs and try to phrase and sing them myself (take them for a bit of a test drive) so my critique process takes a bit of time.

That's how I go about "listening" to other people's songs - I find it's no good just reading through them, I have to have some kind of rhythm and melody. Although it might be nothing like the writer intended, it does help with phrasing, timing etc.

Another thing I try to do is visualise what the writer was thinking, or to feel how he/she was feeling. Sometimes that's fairly easy...sometimes not so easy! It's all part of the songwriting process, though, all part of sorting the wheat from the chaff - what works, what doesn't work.

I think I've learned a lot in my time at the SSG; like everything else guitar or music related though, I feel like I've only scratched the surface. Oh well.....plenty of time to improve!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Well late as usual , but not really I have been reading this thread since the start , and I have changed my mind about 100 times since , I like the fact I can go back and have a look at what I may have missed .
Not being a real big contributor lately { Life gets in the way of internet time now } ..
But when I was writing weekly with Vic , Paul , John and Stray Cat and a few others I wasn't looking back to catch up as I was trying to write a song every week . But my circumstances have changed and I like the fact I can go right back to week one and ponder about writing something about it { which is currently in my scrap book }

I like it Vic and Scrybe make some very valid points in this thread , which a fence sitter like me can appreciate . I honestly don't have a point of view on this , if I really wanted to go back I could anyway . Handy yes essential no ..

Ah just ignore me everyone my medication must have wore off again :D

I am trying to writ a song about religion but , to do so with out demeaning or insulting anyone is the hard bit as a lot of many religions believe in so many different things , and the internet is open for all religions which then I can see a problem ...Maybe I will have to have the old " The content of this song is not meant to demean or hurt anyones beliefs " or something like that ..

Trev.. :wink:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Wow, it's been quiet here lately - and even worse in the composers group. Where is everyone? David's away so we've got a couple of weeks off? Ah c'mon people - let's see some effort!

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Wow, it's been quiet here lately - and even worse in the composers group. Where is everyone? David's away so we've got a couple of weeks off? Ah c'mon people - let's see some effort!

Vic
:lol: I am going to use a line that will bring a smile to your English face now mate ...

The Australian feels it might be time for the English to show the way for once ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I keep trying ol boy but I am coming up empty ...{A bit like ....nah better not say :lol: }

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

Vic
I'm sorry but I've decided that it's high time that I *lose the gut.*
when it's gone i'll come back.
or maybe i'll give up.
my guitar time is now exercise time.

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Pearl when you find a away to " Lose that gut " as you so nicely put it .. Can you tell me how ya did it ..huh can ya ?

Oh and I don't do that exercise thingy ...I don't diet either .... I do how ever consume large amounts of tasty beer ...I call it my diet food
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i've been going to pilates classes and i joined a gym and i exercise at work and i take a walk when i get home. (I work in a physical therapy gym). so far nothing has worked.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I am trying to writ a song about religion but , to do so with out demeaning or insulting anyone is the hard bit as a lot of many religions believe in so many different things

Well, I think you know which side of the religious fence I am on (if not, I am on the really really religious side) but I still say write what you feel. Dont worry about what us religious types think. I cant number the amount of times that I have grown from listening to someone elses thoughts on the matter.

Atleast thats my opinion.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

i've been going to pilates classes and i joined a gym and i exercise at work and i take a walk when i get home. (I work in a physical therapy gym). so far nothing has worked.

Could be just middle aged spread (horrible phrase, that, innit!) - I noticed when I got to my mid-40's my waist, which had been 32" for about 30 years, had gone up to 34".....still eating the same foods, drinking the same amount, same regular exercise.....so I tried exercises designed for the stomach, didn't seem to do anything....

If anything, I get more exercise these days - taking two lively dogs out for walks every day. Then again, I spend a lot of time sat in front of a computer.....

You could always try standing up and moving around while playing guitar, at least that way you can tell yourself you're exercising, or at least not just sitting down....

Me? Seems I'm stuck with a 34" waist - I'll live with it.

Vic

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

DO WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT SIZE OF WAIST RIGHT NOW??? PLEASE. YOU'RE GIVING ME A HEADACHE.

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

DO WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT SIZE OF WAIST RIGHT NOW??? PLEASE. YOU'RE GIVING ME A HEADACHE.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just had a dirty dirty thought of how you could exercise ....

Mind out of gutter Trev,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@straycat)
Noble Member

oh, that's where all of you are :-D

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5