Clear all

anyone in the vintage peavey camp?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@derek-wilkerson)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

i may be one of the few that has a white t-40, but i cant imagine im the only one with a t-40.. this is my 1981 (only year they came in white, and they make up 0.5% of all t-40's) peavey t-40. this is my metal bass. and at a hefty 14 pounds, it also makes for a good emergency club. :wink: . this one has the HF rails on the pickups instead of the older toasters. hopefully getting a t-45 soon and a t-20 to complete my collection. the bass that got me started on this addiction was an 83' t-20 in natural. loved it so much that i had to get one of its brothers. and its been thunderous heaven since. i run this sucker through a 1981 randall rba 500 (oddly enough made on the exact same day as my bass) and two newer acoustic B115's. amazing set up. these things work well in drop tunings too. mines in drop C for my second band Pure Adrenaline. amazing pieces of engineering, and this one is one of the best looking axes ive ever seen. the strings ive used so far on this are GHS super steels (44-106).

bassist for the crux
Randall RB-125-115 120 watt 15" eminence spk.
Randall RBA 500
2X Acoustic B115's
Peavey T-40
Indiana P-bass

(@shimone)

I have heard about vintage peavey amps.what is this vintage peavey camp?

ReplyQuote
(@derek-wilkerson)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

when i say camp i mean group..

bassist for the crux
Randall RBA 500
2X Acoustic B115's
Peavey T-40
Indiana P-bass

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I have heard about vintage peavey amps.what is this vintage peavey camp?

Heheh...

I'm a big fan of Peavey PAs and bass amps. Never actually played a Peavey bass before.

ReplyQuote
(@peaveyusa)
Estimable Member

YES
I have a vintage Peavey Patriot, Its red wood with mapel neck and black guards. Thing is sweet and its my baby! I bought it when I was about 20. I'm 43 now and this thing plays so well. God I love it!

I also have a vintage Peavey tube amp.

The foreign peaveys are a far cry to the american ones. I love my Patriot and will never get rid of it

ReplyQuote
(@derek-wilkerson)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

the patriot came a few models down the t-40. all the USA made ones were excellent quality, and also excellent bar weapons 8)

bassist for the crux
Randall RBA 500
2X Acoustic B115's
Peavey T-40
Indiana P-bass

ReplyQuote