Clear all

Apple of my Eye

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@boxboy)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've wanted a starter bass for a while now, so I took the plunge on a Squier Affinity Jazz Bass:

Seems to play great for a pretty meagre amount of money (210 CAN). Finish is actually a candy apple red metallic.
Full scale neck (That's a lot of real estate to cover!), 2 pickups (mid and bridge). 3 pots (incredibly cheesy ones, too. They'll be the first thing I swap out): 1 for each pickup and a master tone. No fret buzz except when caused by operator error. :wink:
Here's a quickie sample:

Walk Don't Run
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=640626

Plugged into my computer through a USB interface and then the default bass patch in Logic Xpress assigned. All pots wide open.
Just bought it Friday night so don't expect much.!

:D

Don

(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Congrats on the purchase, it looks like a nice Bass!

Just the sort of thing I'm thinking about getting once my next student loan comes in..... no way am I using it for study purposes! :lol:

Happy playing

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice addition Don. Sounds good too! 8) Those Squier bass guitars are pretty nice. I used to play a Squier P-bass in a church praise & worship band I was in a while back. Congrats & have fun! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Congrats!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Looks a nice bass for the price. Strange - I never thought about Squier when I was buying a bass! Checked it out on the Squier website, and looking at prices, seems a good buy for the money. Congrats!

Oh yeah - the soundclip's fine too!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Congratulations .. enjoy!

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Nice bass.