Skip to content
ATTENTION Epiphone ...

Notifications
Clear all

ATTENTION Epiphone Allen Woody owners/users!

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi! I'm new to the forum, and I have a question regarding the Epiphone Allen Woody Signature bass.

I bought one about a month ago. It's beautiful and plays like a dream, but I kept having problems with the input being somewhat loose and string buzzing. After 2 adjustments by 2 different guitar guys (where I bought it...not known for "servicing" guitars!), I took it to my new guitar tech who informed me that the truss rod was bent and that I should take it back. I did, and after some argument (I was a few days past my 30) they took it back and ordered me another one.

My question: Has anyone else experienced any similar problem(s) with this particular bass? My guitar tech said that it may be a batch problem and that I may have to order it repeatedly before I get one that's right. I really love the short scale, sound and playability on this bass. And I have no second choices re: a different short scale bass. I have 3 long scales, 1 of which is fretless, and really want a short. My new Allen Woody hasn't come in yet, but if it has the same problems then I'm gonna start thinking of other guitars to take its place, I guess. :(

Any comments, alternative bass suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I would think it's not common to have a truss rod problem such as that. Hopefully the next one will be okay.

Cool lookin' bass, too. Short scale basses rock! :) I'm saving up for a Birdsong ... maybe next year.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Jay Turser Beatle Bass. I love mine.

If you can find one, Ampeg Dan Armstrong Lucite

The Woody is cool though; maybe it was just a lemon?

Oh, Epiphone or Gibson EB-0

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I might spring for an Epiphone EB-0. I like my Eastwood Rocket shortscale. Kurt at Rondo said several months ago he was trying to get some sort of EB-0. I don't know if he was looking into doing that with whomever make SX, Brice, or Douglas. I would prefer Brice or Douglas. There is no way I can afford a Gibson bass anytime soon!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote