Clear all

Badass Bridge

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Tome
(@tome)
Topic starter  

Hi, if this has been covered would you please link me to the topic?

I have a Fender Sting Signature bass. It is like the old Fender Precision bass with one very noisy pickup, maple neck, simple electronics and sunburst finish made in China I think (non USA for sure).
I like it a lot as it plays well and sounds good on recordings.
But the bridge is getting on my nerves. I set the intonation and the bridge part on the first two strings is nearly off the screws.
I have a Badass bridge that I think I'd like to install on it.
I want better intonation, plus I hear the badass adds sustain.
My questions.
Have any of you done this?
Can I do this myself without filing grooves in the saddle?
Should I just let a pro do it?

Thanks

You don't have to see the top of the staircase to take a step - MLK

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Have you tried a new set of strings? Seems odd that your intonation would need that much adjustment.

Sorry I don't know anything about the b.a. bridge, other than I've also heard that it supposedly helps increase sustain.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I have the BA bridge, and I like it.

However, Slej's point has merit. Something else may be out of place for the bridge to be that far off.

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Yes, maybe the strings. If they haven't been changed since purchase then they've probably been sitting on the bass for up to a year. Kind of rare to have a bridge misplaced, but I had a Rick 4001 that was 1/4" off from the factory. It was even mentioned in the Rick Forum, though the company never officially admitted to it. It was only that particular year I believe - like 1976 or something.

BA bridges are supposed to be really good, really well-made. If you're going to go for it, it might be a good idea to have a pro do it.

Try and new set of strings before all that though, or have a string-change and setup done by a pro. Cheaper than having the bridge done, and it might do the trick.

ReplyQuote
 Tome
(@tome)
Topic starter  

Hi Guys. I looked at my bass and the adjustment screw that adjusts the bridge piece that supports the first two strings, was sticking out of the metal plate as you can see.
Don't know why I didn't see that before.
I can probably get the intonation a little tighter and if so I may forgo the badass.
Depends on how well it does.
I probably will let a pro do it. Thanks.

You don't have to see the top of the staircase to take a step - MLK

ReplyQuote