Clear all

Bass issues

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@galis)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'm having a bit of a problem with my bass right now, with the input in my bass where I put the chord from the amp, to be exact.

Yesterday the nut and washer fell off, which wasn't a big issue, I simply unscrewed the little face plate and put the washer and nut back on. But this morning when I went to play I turned my amp on and it had a ringing type noise. I tested out a few differnt chords as well a different bass and it turned out to be my bass.

It's a slight ringing i the amp on the top left and it only happends when I place the chord into the input so I was wondering if anyone knew of this problem and a way to fix it before I either open it up and try again or just take it in.

New goal #1: Buy an amp.
New goal #2: Buy a 5-string.
New goal #3: Get better then OWA at music.

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I would bet you've crossed the wires by twisting the jack when replacing it. Try taking it back out and make sure all wires are isolated from each other, plug the cord in and see what happens. If you are good to go then reinstall the jack but make sure it doesn't twist when tightening.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@galis)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well I fiddled with it and tried a few small things as well made sure it didn't twist while I tightened it. It works alright now, I havn't had anymore of the buzzing sound appear.
Thanks Bish!

New goal #1: Buy an amp.
New goal #2: Buy a 5-string.
New goal #3: Get better then OWA at music.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Alright, then. :D

Rock on! 8)

Thanks for the feedback. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote