Clear all

buzzing and note clarity

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@blackdiamond13)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

many times, i don't seem to hit the notes precisely, they don't resonate. i think it's because i don't put my fingers on the frets correctly. is it possible 1. that the bass is too big for me and i'm not stretching my fingers enough 2. that the strings are too high up from the fretboard (which is a problem i had in the first place, got setup, bass is easier to play but i still have the same problem) and or whatever else... does anyone have any suggestions for me?
thanks

Up The Irons!!

(@97reb)
Noble Member

What kind of bass do you have? I have a shortscale bass, I had to put thicker strings on to reduce fretbuzz. It also depends on the size of your hand. If you have a smaller hand, it may take you a little bit to build up hand strength to properly fret your bass. You say you have had the bass set-up, that is great but perhaps they did not do somethings they could have done due to cost.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@jeffster1)
Reputable Member

You're not fretting the notes right on the fret are you? You're fretting behind the fret?

ReplyQuote