Skip to content
Help ! JBL GT152 15...

Notifications
Clear all

Help ! JBL GT152 15 INCH SPKRS WITH MY AMPEG SVT 3 PRO ?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@musicloverz)
Topic starter  

:!: I've got an ampeg svt 3 pro 450 watts at 4 ohms,275 at 8 ohms .My cab is an oldie made by West Laboratories ,which contains two Fender 15 inch speakers .Sounds awesome until 1 speaker cone split .Now the annoying buzz ,so I just run through the mixing board .My question is I need to do a quickie replacement for the buzzing speaker and I came across two JBL GT152 15 inch speakers at a pawn shop for 50.00 .I know ,they're car speakers ,but if I installed one in place of the crappy speaker,would I be able to get by for a few low volume gigs .I don't push my amp too hard at all ,but I'm thinking it would work in a pinch.I'm not sure about the 4-8 ohm conversion so if anyone could help that would be great .Here's the specs on the JBL gt152 15 inchers .
JBL-GT 152 15"
Nominal Power Rating: 150W
Peak Power Rating: 300W
Sensitivity: 97dB
Grand Touring Automotive Speaker
Impedance: Single-4 Ohm
Magnet Weight: 40 oz
With 2" Single Voice Coil
So if I used both JBL'S ,would that give me 600 watts at 8 ohms ? Plenty for my 4 ohm 450 watt or 8 ohm 275 watt ampeg ?
I plan on getting an Ampeg svt hlf 4x10 , but just need to get by for a few low volume gigs ! Thanks for your help all you 4-string bangers ! :mrgreen:

(@musicloverz)
Topic starter  

This speaker will not work unless you plan on just running this
speaker. Two 4 ohms speakers will put your impedance down to 2 ohms
which is too low for your 3 PRO. You will do damage to the speakers
and the amp. I would save the $50 for the 410HLF that your saving
for.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Wire the two speakers in series to get 8 ohms, and you should be fine. I would use both JBLs, don't mix and match.

ReplyQuote