Clear all

Hope to be a Bass player someday

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@perazzimx14)
Topic starter  

Hello to all,

This is my first post after reading through the forums for awhile. I have had it in my heart and head that I wanted to play Bass for some time. So yesterday I went looking and made a purchase. I ended up with a Fender Jazz MIM, Danville amp, cord, bag, picks and Korg tuner for alittle over $400.00. from a local dealer. The price seemed good to me and he warrants the Bass for 5 years and free tuning as needed or after re-stringing. I am also trying to scheduel lessons as I have never played an instrument before. I am excited!!!!!!!

Well I just wanted to intruduce myself and I am sure I will have a ton more questions. Please be patient with me.

Thank you,

Lance

(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome aboard, congrats on the purchase! Bass playing is very fun - I am mainly a guitarist, but I like to noodle around w/ Bass on the side!

Cheers, katmetal :)

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Hello and welcome to the low end!

I just bought my first bass the day after Christmas, so I'm in a bit of the same boat. I have played other instruments though, tuba for years and guitar the past few years.

Looking forward to hearing more from you! Keep us posted on the search for an instructor and such.

Louis

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hello Lance,

It seems a great purchase! The Jazz bass are very versatile and the MIM sounds very nice. Which color did you get? Show us some pictures if you can!

If you have never played an instrument, the teacher will be a good alternative for you. Meanwhile, try to buy the David Hodge's book. It has a lot of valuable information and help to you in the basic aspects.

Welcome to GN!

ReplyQuote
(@perazzimx14)
Topic starter  

I am not computer savy so I cannot post pics. However I did get the blue Bass. It has a few dings and scratches so maybe in the future it will get to be another color.

I am waiting for a call from the instructor to set up classes. The only fly in the ointment is my wife is helping her school with basketball for another two months and I look after our daughter when she is at basketball. Hopefully the instructor can be flexable. If not I will get soe books and maybe an internet class to start, then when things slow down get formal instructions.

I did try to get my dauhter to take lessons with me but she isn't interested at this point. Hopefully that will change someday.

Lance

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Ok! I think I was trying a similar bass some months ago...

Keep us informed! :D

ReplyQuote