Clear all

Im having problems

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@redemeer01)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Im having problems with moving my fingures fast. Im trying to play songs where you have to go back and forth between notes fast and i cant do it. What should i do? use a pick or something?

(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Speed comes with practice, start slow and gradually speed up. As for the pick, depends on what you like.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@redemeer01)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Ok get tons of practice and probobly use a pick. ok

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Well theres plenty of basses that use their finger that can play very fast. its a matter of preference. why not learn both?

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I'd learn both. Or, rather, I have learned both. We could argue all day over whether fingers or picks are faster, but you can play meaninglessly fast with either. It's all in getting coordinated, and also it's about building strength and stamina, when you're new.

ReplyQuote