Clear all

Issue - starter bass amp

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@galis)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Alright everyone, I need a lot of help with this one because I don't know how much time I have left.

My friend let me borrow his bass and amp until I got them for myself when I first started, as you all know I got my bass guitar and now have finnaly finished paying it off. My dilema starts here, my friend has decided to sell his amp off to someone who was asking. (Yes, the one I borrowed.)

I don't know how long it will be till he takes it, so I need all the possible help I can get from everyone in giving me feedback as to which bass amp would have both a good sound yet go rather loud (An amp that isnt a 60lbs sucker like I'm borrowing by the way.) for a price range of $3 - $400. (It's not for a large venue, just my room but I just love it loud.)

New goal #1: Buy an amp.
New goal #2: Buy a 5-string.
New goal #3: Get better then OWA at music.

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I use a Roland Cube-30 Bass amp.....don't need it very loud to fill a small room, but I've taken it to the pub and jammed with 7-8 guys playing acoustics - come to think of it, I didn't need it cranked very high then either.....

Comes with seven different settings for bass sound, as well as Chorus, Flange, T-Wah, Delay and Reverb, as well as an "Aux in" jack socket and a "line out/headphones" socket - should be somewhere in your price range....

:D :D :D

Vic

EDIT: Oh yeah, fourteen & 1/2 inches high, same width, eleven inches deep.....not exactly huge, but puts out a BIG sound.....

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Well this isn't much help but I second Vic's suggestion of a cube 30 bass amp. Have played guitar for a couple of years but I am a real newbie at bass. After much research I did buy this amp and find that it is well made, portable,good tone, lots of volume for my needs and offers quite a few options ie 7 amp modellers etc. Don't think you can go wrong with this one!
Robbie
BTW: The list price in my area is about $380.Cdn and the retailer wouldn't drop much so it is just in your price range.

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

For me, I was looking for extreme light weight too. I got the new Fender Bassman 100 with the 10" speaker. It was advertised as being only 25 pounds in weight, and...it actually is. Haven't really cranked it up yet, but I probably will in a couple of months.

Kinda hard to find locally because when you mention 'Bassman' the sales people either think you want a 'vintage Bassman for guitar' or you're talking about the previous model of Bassman which came out just before this new one. I wound up getting it from Music123.com.

Then I ordered a cover, again for 'the Bassman', and it turned out to be for their 4x10 model. Too many Bassman amps all over the place. ;)

But they're about $390 or something.

BUT I've also heard great things about the Roland Cubes too!

ReplyQuote