Notifications
Clear all

Lonnie Mack - Memphis tabs or music

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@aspiring_riff_master)
Topic starter  

I'm trying to locate the tabs or music for the bass portion of Memphis.

I'd also like to thank everyone in advance for the help.

Gene

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! We look forward to seeing you around the forums!! And it's always great to meet another Lonnie Mack fan!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@aspiring_riff_master)
Topic starter  

Thanks EB,

So many Lonnie Mack fans . . so little music available.

Now if I have “perfect pitch” there wouldn't be a problem.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Hot-Licks-Learn-Southern-Rock-Guitar-With-6-great-Masters-961287-i1435555.gc

This is the only thing I can find. But it'll cost you $19.95. It is Hot Licks Learn Southern Rock Guitar With 6 great Masters and "This DVD offers six essential guitar lessons from the masters of Southern rock guitar."
"Lesson 2: Lonnie Mack demonstrates rhythm guitar, whammy bar tricks, and plays his hits "Wham" and "Memphis."

All of the lessons on the DVD are:
Lesson 1: James Burton demonstrates "Suzie Q," pick and finger technique, and string bending.
Lesson 2: Lonnie Mack demonstrates rhythm guitar, whammy bar tricks, and plays his hits "Wham" and "Memphis."
Lesson 3: Greg Martin teaches Eric Clapton, Chuck Berry, and Keith Richards styles.
Lesson 4: David Grissom demonstrates vibrato, attack, Billy Gibbons style and pedal tones.
Lesson 5: Lee Roy Parnell demonstrates slide guitar in open G tuning, Lowell George style and Dixie Chicken.
Lesson 6: Warren Haynes brings a touch of the Allman Bros. band to string bending, plus Albert King style.

Might as well learn from Lonnie himself because as far as I can tell, there's no tab out there for it.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@aspiring_riff_master)
Topic starter  

“Thanks for the great information” . . . he says as his head hangs in shame and realizes he's no longer “The Google Meister”

Thanks again for the help!

ReplyQuote