Clear all

My Christmas money purchase

18 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Just ordered a 5 string Jazz from Rondo Music with some Christmas money.

Bass player for Undercover

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Very Nice! More fun with 5 strings.

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

That's nice JW! I think it is a real opportunity to get something cool, rewarding and useful for ourselves - YOURSELF, musically, when we have a little Seasonal scratch. Yep, nothing like a new instrument to scratch that itch? :shock:
All the best & enjoy! 8)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@chalkoutline)
Estimable Member

I didnt have a lot of Christmas money (being that I am 46 and get lots of socks), but I did get enough to purchase a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal. For $39.99 I think you get a lot of bang for the buck.
http://www.dagexpress.com/incEngine/sites/dagexpress/products/boss/528523.jp g">http://www.dagexpress.com/incEngine/sites/dagexpress/products/boss/528523.jp g">

Interview guy: What is the source of your feedback?
Neil Young: Volume.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sweet! I'm still gassing for a 5-string - have been since I played Marvelous Optimist's 5'er way back in 2005. It's the thought of being able to play root D notes on the bottom string that really grabs me!

I'll get one, one of these days, oh yes I WILL!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've been playing my son's 5 string and it is awesome being able to play those low notes. I went today and jammed with a guy that will hopefully turn into a band and we are doing a few songs that are in drop D. W/ the 5-er, I don't have to re-tune.

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I didnt have a lot of Christmas money (being that I am 46 and get lots of socks), but I did get enough to purchase a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal. For $39.99 I think you get a lot of bang for the buck.
http://www.dagexpress.com/incEngine/sites/dagexpress/products/boss/528523.jp g">http://www.dagexpress.com/incEngine/sites/dagexpress/products/boss/528523.jp g">

That is a good general purpose distortion pedal. My son has one and loves it. I didn't get any socks, but didn't get enough to cover the full cost either. I had to put just as much of my own money as I did Christmas money :D

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Chritmas money eh? Haven't seen that since I was a kid.. the only Chrstmas money flying around here wa the money that used to be in my wallet..but at least I got socks!

Nice bass..I can't type to loud or the wife will hear but I bought a new guitar myself...she hasn't seen it yet

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@chalkoutline)
Estimable Member

That is a good general purpose distortion pedal. My son has one and loves it. I didn't get any socks, but didn't get enough to cover the full cost either. I had to put just as much of my own money as I did Christmas money :D

I am really enjoying the pedal. Sounds awesome on my bass as well.

Interview guy: What is the source of your feedback?
Neil Young: Volume.

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Chritmas money eh? Haven't seen that since I was a kid.. the only Chrstmas money flying around here wa the money that used to be in my wallet..but at least I got socks!

My grandparents still give me cash instead of trying to find something for me. It's better than a new shirt!
Nice bass..I can't type to loud or the wife will hear but I bought a new guitar myself...she hasn't seen it yet
:D I know how that is. I "accidentally" bough another bass last night because it was too good of a deal to pass up. I'm going to have to explain why 2 basses show up on the porch within a few days of each other.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

jw,

Good luck with that one. I figured I was due for something anyway. I haven't bought any new equipment in a couple years and it's been about 4 or so sine I bought the last guitar.

We ended up getting a small bonus from work for some projects we did the last year and a half so I decided what the heck.

Have fun with the basses.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

Just ordered a 5 string Jazz from Rondo Music with some Christmas money.

Very cool! Congratz. That's almost exactly like mine, except mine is 4 strings. Same color (Lake Placid Blue), which is actually slightly darker and metallic than the pictures show.

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nice bass!

Congrats!

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Minotaur, my bass teacher has the 4 string P bass in that color. The first week I was there, he had a high dollar Conklin 6 string (he is a Conklin endorser). The next week he pulls out an SX P bass. I had already been looking at SX, but was suspicious of a $119 bass. He loves his and I've played it a few times and was blown away by how well it plays and feels.

Here is the other one I bought. It is an SX also, but a 4 string P/J mix.

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

My 5 string arrived yesterday and is better looking than the pics online. Plays like a dream (will be even better when I get the strings I like on there) and sounds amazing. I was rattling the walls this morning w/ the low B string. Amazing how solid of a bass you can get for the money. I got the bass and the hard case shipped to my door for $201.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2