Sorting out a proper bass set up

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@gjbrake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

So,

I don't usually head into the bass players forum - I'm not much of a bassist really, but I do fill in sometimes at church when there's another guitarist and no bassist.

Well, the 'powers that be' have recently mooted the idea of sorting out the drum kit (it is a bit of a mess), and I thought, why not spend a bit of money on the bass as well (it's a bit of a mess too). Currently the 'set up' consists of bass and amp only!

So here's my list of things to get:
New Strings
Case
Strap (I take my own when I know I'm playing the bass)
Cable (ditto)
Tuner (ditto)
Stand (ditto)
Picks (not that I will use them, but others might)
EQ Pedal

Any of you experienced players out there think anything is missing from that?

Also, any recommendations for an EQ Pedal? I've never used one for bass, so I don't know if they are even necessary really.

It would be good to get a list of things and prices ready before I suggest anything to anyone, so any and all comments are much appreciated.

Thanks for your time!
G

Listen Louder Than You Play

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Let me be clear, the church owns the bass and amp? Cool! I like spending other people's money...

Your list sounds good. Maybe a gig bag or something to put the pedal and stand it...

I'm a fan of long cables...

Laz

ReplyQuote
(@gjbrake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey!

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yeah, they own the drum kit (although our drummer recently left and took his cymbals with him and we discovered that the church owns only a ride cymbal!) a piano and lots of mikes and stuff too. People take care of the other stuff and the drummer used to look after the kit, but no one seems to give a crap about the bass - it is like an orphan with on one to care for it, so I am going to take that upon myself!

Plus, as you say, spending other peoples money is great.

Yeah, a big gig bag with lots of pockets is probably actually cheaper than a case as well! I'll go with that!

Thanks!
G

Listen Louder Than You Play

ReplyQuote