Clear all

the Bed's too big without you...

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Is anyone aware of a good transcription for "The Bed's Too Big Without You" by the Police? The band's working on it, but it's a real bear to count out the bass riffs in the intro and the percussion outro. It's not bad in the verses. The riff's are perfectly manageable, but getting it all in good order is rough.
Thanks.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

I haven't seen any, sorry.

As far as that tune goes; just remember that the Police were sort of a...well, a jam-band, at first. You heard the stories where they had to fill a 40 minute show with only 3 songs or whatever it was. They did a lot of vamping, and...The Bed's Too Big - you could almost not worry about counting it out, and perhaps just doing the riff until someone nods or gives some other type of signal. It just seems like the tune was setup for that sort of thing.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

You might try this:

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/store/smp_detail.html?cart=33456505285654511&item=2900961

Even though it's not in bass tab, most piano music is usually pretty good at transcribing the fundamentals of a song's bass line. By the bye, you can get the complete Police recordings for guitar tab (Message In A Box), although no one on these forums besides me seems to purchase music anymore... :wink:

(note to self: self, you might want that book!)

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I think the bass player's finally figured out how to count it -- there was a lot of discussion among the bass player, drummer and lead guitarist on this song. Fortunately, I just follow the bass and double him on guitar, so I've been pretty lazy on it. So, for my part, anyway, I'm doing what Demo suggests and going when the bass player takes off. Personally, I think it is one of those songs that's the result of an extended jam.

David, I buy music all the time!

Thanks, guys!

Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote