The great Fenders

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@metallifan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ok,

Fenders are famous the world over basically because they were the first company to produce the solid body electric and bass guitars. But, that aside what else is special and unique about them (with basses). Do they have a special sound?

Also, whats the difference between: Standard, American, Deluxe and American Deluxe?

Cheers

This is my rifle, this is my gun; this is for fighting, this is for fun!

(@deroy)

I think one reason Fenders are used so often is that they are very versatile. It is easy to get a variety of sounds from a P Bass or Jazz Bass. That said, though, they tend to sound best when played in music where the bass is a little less prominent in the mix because they blend well. I am generalizing here, though, as there are millions of exceptions to this. I think a lot of people like them because they have such a "classic" sound for rock, blues, or country. I have a Jazz Bass and I like it for this reason as well as the thin neck.

ReplyQuote
(@hbriem)
Honorable Member

Hmmm.  It's usually said in bass player circles that the P bass has only one sound, but it's a good one and usable in most kinds of music.

The J bass is more versatile.

--
Helgi Briem
hbriem AT gmail DOT com

ReplyQuote
(@deroy)

Ahhh, You are right about the P Bass so I'm told. My mistake. I'll admit I haven't picked up many P Basses-I haven't found one I like the feel of.

ReplyQuote
(@metallifan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Also, whats the difference between: Standard, American, Deluxe and American Deluxe?

This is my rifle, this is my gun; this is for fighting, this is for fun!

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Standard = Made in Mexico (or Japan)
Deluxe = P-bass with added J bridge pickup.

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Thet extra pickup really comes in handy.

ReplyQuote