Notifications
Clear all

Unwanted Feedback or Overtone

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@azboneman)
Topic starter  

Hey, I've been a horn player most of my life and recently took up the bass. So, I'm pretty dumb at this point and need some advice.

I've got an early 90's Fender Jazz Plus with active Lace Sensor pickups. My problem is that I get a fairly annoying high pitch on my G string after I fret a note. Basically, the fundamental goes away after a few seconds and this high pitch sustains. It does not happen on the other strings.

I've got the pickups screwed all the way down and that hasn't helped. I've stuck some foam under the strings and that seems to help a little.

My guitar shop say its normal feedback from the amp. But I can't accept that. It's just too loud and obnoxious.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike

(@maliciant)
Reputable Member

Does your guitar shop have other amps you could plug into to see if the problem persists (if they are blaming it on the amp)? Do you have any tone controls that you can adjust to see if it affects the problem (on the bass not the amp)? A quick search came up with that you can use active or passive on your bass, does passive have the same issue?

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

Along the same line of thought , does the amp have a separate input or maybe a switch for active or passive pickups ?

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote