12 String Tuning

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Good
(@good)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I've read the article on guitarnoise about this already and I'm getting no where. So far, I've tuned my E and A string to both the same note using ap guitar tuner and they pretty much sound like death.

What I was wondering was if someone could possibly tell me what I would type in for a new note presets for the thinner strings in AP Guitar tuner? For example, the standard E tuning is set out like E2, A2, D3, G3, B3, E4 and I don't really get the numbers.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edit : A bit more thought was all that was required. I realised it wasn't the top two, but the bottom two that are supposed to be tuned the same and the rest I figured on ap tuner were just a number (octave?) up from the previous one. Lifes great again.

We're like The Beatles, except there's four of us.

(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

Good to see u get it working

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

The numbers refer to the octave that the note is in. There are several different systems of numbering octaves, so don't be surprised to find other things denoting the octave.
http://www.music.vt.edu/musicdictionary/appendix/octaveregisters/octaveregisters.html

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote